Are There Any Worthy Non-Watchtower Charities?

by TMS 14 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Another thread I hated to see end!

I'm partial to the Red Cross. I've done alot with them and have seen how alot of lifes are actually saved. Not just thru blood donation (hint, hint), but also during natural and man-made diasters.

shelley

• integ
    integ

The Robert Wenstrom foundation is good.

• praiseband
    praiseband

World Vision has been excellent. I have sponsored children for years in Bangladesh, Honduras and Mozambique. The community in Bangladesh did so well after assistance from World Vision that they were able to become sponsorless. It was mostly a sweet farewell, but a little selfishly sad for me! Also, Heifer Project is great. They enable to become self-sufficient and then go on to help others in their communities rather than becoming dependent on assistance.

• heathen
    heathen

I've heard the salvation army is very good in disaster relief . The Dallas Cowboys were even promoting them for relief after Katrina . I'm also hearing the Bill Gates foundation is very good .

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

What hubert and heathen said..........

The Salvation Army. They are there for ANYBODY at ANYTIME and will do what it takes to get you through an emergency situation.

Crazyblondedeb is right too! The Red Cross really does help, even though the WT Society bad mouths all charities.

If you are ever in need......Catholic Charities also will come to your aid.

Has the Watchtower EVER helped the general public? NO.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit