Are There Any Worthy Non-Watchtower Charities?

by TMS 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

Jehovah's Witnesses are subtly discouraged from contributing to any charities other that the Watchtower Society. While acknowledging that groups other that the WT may do "some good", JW's may feel that charitable groups are generally dishonest, wasteful or simply not doing things "Jehovah's way."

Now, as an ex-JW, have you found any charities worthy of your monetary support?

I will submit one, but I know there are many others.

Innocence Project, Inc.100 Fifth Ave
    Third Floor
    New York,NY 10011
    http://www.innocenceproject.org

tms

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

Ive done some volunteer work with an organisation called Australian Aid International www.aai.org.au a very small but very in touch organisation involved in healthcare and shelter for disaster victims.

Well worth a look.

• CEO
    CEO

I can recommend two:

www.one.org

www.musicrising.com

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well. I must suggest that since the watchtower HAS no charities of any kind, and is in fact simply a money grubbing corporate whore that ALL worthy charities are NON watchtower related!

• DevonMcBride
  • smellsgood
    smellsgood

www.oxfam.com, which is sort of an educational/charitable organization, what Devon said (doctors without borders) Mercy Ships is very much along this vein (www.mercyships.org) and World Vision is a great one too.

smellsgood

• rebel8
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

In Canada many grocery stores have baskets for those who want to contribute a can or box of food, baby needs (diapers, formula etc). - no perishables please

Everything that is donated goes to the food banks for those who need the extra help. Believe me it is well appreciated.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

The red cross or red crescent help victims of disasters.

• hubert
    hubert

Salvation Army

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit