Please allow me to introduce myself...

by Asheron 35 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Great opening post, crazy how after all that time there is still a condition to your being included in the family. What do they really have to fear by your differing opinion if they have the truth? If its that easy to be lead away then what does that say about it?

CS 101

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Asheron,

WELCOME!! We are glad to have you here on the forum! I apprecaited your story. It is so exaspertating trying to have a reasonable conversation with these ones. It is like talking to a brick wall. They would rather walk in "blind faith"! Again, welcome!

Lady Liberty

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Asheron,

Welcome to JWD!

You've experienced and probably were somewhat of the cause of Watchtower shutdown mode. Just remember they're in a cult as you've pointed out, and to them hearing that from you is like standing on the shore of an ocean with a tsunami coming. You've shaken their foundation. Congrats! You don't owe them anything.

Dismembered

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"But what's puzzling me is the nature of your game..."

Welcome Asheron. Welcome, brother.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome

• Brigid
    Brigid

"please to meet you, hope you guess my name..."

Anyway, glad you found us and we found you.....A warm welcome to the clan!

~Brigid

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Asheron!

• Fleur
    Fleur

Welcome!

Isn't it amazing how even after being out for years stuff can come up that you need to sort thru? Our (never-jw) mates love us and do all they can to empathize, but they can't totally 'get' it can they? It's a "had to be there" kind of thing. Thank goodness for the internet. Maybe we can't have our families but at least we can have each other!

Hope you find comfort here knowing that we're all in the same boat.

hugs

essie

• Asheron
    Asheron

Friends,

Thank you all for the welcomes and kind words. I am blown away!

Thanks also for the lyrical replies...heres one back at ya:

"Im free to do what I want, any old time.

Im free to sing my song, knowing its outta trend

Im free to choose who I see ,any old time

Im free to bring who I choose, any old time

Im free any old time, to get what I want"

- Asheron

• juni
    juni

I want to add my WELCOME to you also Asheron. None of my family are JWs so I don't have shunning to deal with, but I certainly empathize with you. I DAed myself 14 yrs. ago (didn't do anything to be DF for, but I wanted to make a clean break) so I have experienced shunning by former friends of 21 years. It does hurt. And then it makes you angry. And then you just have to move on and enjoy the company of those who like you for who you are. Someone else here said to seek out other relatives who are not JWs. That's a good suggestion.

Also getting involved w/volunteer work or whatever you like to do is very helpful.

Best to you and your wife. Stay close to her and enjoy life. You'll be just fine!

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit