Name One Organization....

by OUTLAW 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Unfortunatly the WBTS owns stock in tobbaco giant "Phillip Morris"..

Seriously? Is this true? Is there a way to find out and prove it for sure? Id love to whack my family with that little fact, espcially if I had irrefutable evidence.

• chuckie77
    chuckie77

I wouldnt have thought not for profit organisations would be allowed to deal in stocks and shares. Im pretty sure the whole not-for-profit category would prevent that one.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

KattieKitten,Check out the thread the Watchtower and the Cigarette company....Chuckie77 Think again,not only does the WBTS own stocks in a tobbaco company.They own 50% of the Rand cam engine Co.A company that recieved a 500million dollar contract from the U.S Navy..A little research go`s a long way,try it...OUTLAW

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I wouldnt have thought not for profit organisations would be allowed to deal in stocks and shares. Im pretty sure the whole not-for-profit category would prevent that one.

Not at all, Chuckie. They have a lot of latitude about investing - its called 'endowment' - allowing them to fund their operations on the interest income realized from investments - the best scenario for any non-profit. But the real issue here is free-will: you can smoke or not smoke, sex or not sex, but when a religous organization with the mind-control capabilities of the WTS dictates policies that can lead to its adherents refusing a life-saving blood transfusion, murder by politics, or stressors leading to suicide (very complex, but very real), they have way over-stepped their domain and should be held accountable. The WTS is still the number one enemy of Jehovah's Witnesses. Bear in mind that the hierarchy of the organization makes a very clear delineation between the upper echelon - GB, etc., who are deified, and the rank and file - who are marginalized. And never the twain shall meet. It is immoral. Period.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    DannyBloem,the people that have died because of the policies of the WBTS,died needlessly.

Do not all people (or at least alomst all) die needlessly?

Saying you killed 5 there and saved 5 over there,dosen`t even things out.

Some life, some die. That is basically with many policies, historical events, etc. In the WTBTS case some of the tings I mentioned are not related, like the blood issue with the smoking issue. So then yes, you can't just add. But I wanted to show that it is not that black and white, and bad as you want to show it. You can't say "kill" for example, maybe "caused the dead of" would be better, or even a lighter term.

WBTS killed Jehovah`s Witness`s with ever changing rules they don`t follow themselves.It`s not a game.It`s life or death.Unfotunatly a dead Jehovah`s-Witness is good internal advertising for the WBTS.For the WBTS,one dead Jehovah`s witness is worth a thousand live ones,it keeps the rest mindlessly obedient,to the WBTS...OUTLAW

They do not have the intention are desire for any dead witness, but on the other hand, they do not care for any dead witness also. In this case they are not different then many other religions. Danny

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    DannyBloem I`ve thought more about your post.Your right the WBTS does rule against smoking and yes that must have saved some lives`s.Unfortunatly the WBTS owns stock in tobbaco giant "Phillip Morris"..Tobbaco contains "Nicotine",one of the most addictive substances on earth.Some say it`s as hard as heroin to quit.Tobbaco company`s are one of the few business`s,whose product kills the customer..It would seem the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society not only cause death`s..They invest in it..$$$$$$$$$...OUTLAW

What I understood, that it was a different company?, and I have not found much hard proof. I'll read the thread again. I wouldnt have thought not for profit organisations would be allowed to deal in stocks and shares. Im pretty sure the whole not-for-profit category would prevent that one. Many non profit organisations are dealing or better to do invest in shares. I do not think this has to be wrong. The WTBTS could us this money a lot better, but must think of the future (and do not say armageddon is coming....) The WTS is not extreme in this case, nor in their yearly revenues. Danny

• rebel8
    rebel8

The WTS was a beneficiary of a trust set up by someone for them. The trust contained tobacco stock. (Click here to link to the info below.) I found after research that this trust does/did indeed contain tobacco stock, but no longer have links to the stock proof--I'm sure you can find it again somehow.

Keep in mind the WTS has a legal department and thousands of volunteers--so they had the ability to research what stocks comprised this fund to ensure it didn't conflict with their teachings. They expect jws to not sell tobacco or reap the profits from it, and surely they'd DF jws who did so. Pretty heartless to punish and shun your followers for doing something Mother Borg does herself. I don't care if they need to make $. They should "leave it in Jehovah's hands" instead of reaping profits from products that kill 10,000 people every day. Or maybe they don't care because most of those deaths are "worldlings".

HENRIETTA M RILEY TRUST 33B006006 FBO

c/o Comerica Bank, P.O. Box 75000 Mc3302

Detroit, MI 48275

GENERAL INFORMATION
    Who We Are

SUPPORT WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY

• This organization is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity.
    • This organization is required to file an IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ.
    • Contributions are deductible, as provided by law.

NTEE Code
    • T99—Other Philanthropy, Voluntarism, and Grantmaking Foundations N.E.C.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

You must be a GuideStar Select or Premium subscriber to view this information.

MISSION AND PROGRAMS
    Mission

SUPPORT WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY

Programs
    1. SUPPORT OF WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY

FORM 990 AND EDOCS
    Forms 990 from the IRS:
    Additional Documents from the Organization:

None Available

About IRS Form 990

Form 990 FAQs

To view this organization's IRS Form 990, you must have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system. If you don't have the Reader, you can get it at the Adobe Web site for free. Having trouble viewing PDFs? Try these steps .

ANALYST REPORT

A GuideStar Analyst Report is available for this organization. Learn more.

FINANCIAL DATA

You must be a GuideStar Premium subscriber to view this information.

• vitty
      vitty

Is this up to date information.............I mean do they still invest in the tabocco and Rand companies today ????

Or is this something they used to do?

• DannyBloem
      DannyBloem

Rebel8,

The WTS was a beneficiary of a trust set up by someone for them. The trust contained tobacco stock. (Click here to link to the info below.) I found after research that this trust does/did indeed contain tobacco stock, but no longer have links to the stock proof--I'm sure you can find it again somehow.

Yes, that is what I have read before.
      It is something different then deliberately investing in some tabacco company. I have some funds, like develioping countries funds, and I have to say that I do not know what companies are exactly in them.

It was some funds they probably get from someone's last will, or so?

Keep in mind the WTS has a legal department and thousands of volunteers--so they had the ability to research what stocks comprised this fund to ensure it didn't conflict with their teachings. They expect jws to not sell tobacco or reap the profits from it, and surely they'd DF jws who did so. Pretty heartless to punish and shun your followers for doing something Mother Borg does herself.
      I agree with this. They should have payed attention more.
      That they did not, shows that they do not care about that as much as they should do (as they demand with the followers). I would however not think that anyone would be df-ed for having such a fund, or working in a supermarket that sells tabacco products etc.
      I don't care if they need to make $. They should "leave it in Jehovah's hands" instead of reaping profits from products that kill 10,000 people every day. Or maybe they don't care because most of those deaths are "worldlings".
      I do not think that they care too much, they are all going to die anyway in the big A.
      But having a fund that has a (small percentage?) stocks of a tabacco company doe snot make you a murdere, IMHO. Danny
    • OUTLAW
      OUTLAW

DannyBloem..I do believe you are a person with more than one account on this board..Monitors,check this guy out..He may also be Gerard...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit