Time Article on Ray Franz - 1985 (scanned)

by waiting 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waiting
    waiting

Hey y'all,

Hope this works. If not, see scanned article under the thread about donating books to the local libraries.

Neat!!!!

• waiting
    waiting

Further information:

The above is a Time Magazine article dated 1984 or 1985. The scan is from geocities.

H20 has a new thread which led to this click.

http://www.hourglass2.org/wwwboard/messages/293616.html

waiting

ps: On further looking at bottom of article - it appears to be dated February, 1982, soon after Franz disfellowshipping for dinner.

Edited by - waiting on 29 October 2000 8:30:23

• Simon
    Simon

Hmmn...the picture worked but the link didn't - it should have automatically made it into a clicakable link...oh well, something to work on this weekend I suppose

• waiting
    waiting

Uh huh, whatever you just said.

Are you going to take back the scanning trick? Did you know you put in the scanning trick?

Uh huh, thought so........

Pretty neat, Simon!!!!

waiting

• Simon
    Simon

Yes...the pictures and the links seem mutually exclusive though - I can get one to work but then the other stops.
    Doh !

• Seven
    Seven

Waiting, Thanks for the article.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Seven,

I thought it was neat seeing an actual picture of Franz. Osarif, from H20, gave me a couple of more links to articles, videos, and pictures of him.

However, the articles are in Spanish (I think). Good thing pictures transgress all language, huh?

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Crete/1157/franz.html
    http://www.geocities.com/bibliadavid/ray.htm

If these clicks don't work, the same click to H20 for the above article will lead you to the appropriate articles.

waiting

ps SIMON??????? Am I entering the new style link correctly? Thanks.

Edited by - waiting on 29 October 2000 14:11:14

• AhHah
    AhHah

Waiting,

Just type the letters 'url' in front of any link you paste in. Then the link is 'hot' (may be clicked on).

Thanks for the links!

I have been wondering for a long time whether or not Ray Franz posts on any site or responds to email. I don't even know if he has a computer. Has anyone here ever tried to correspond with Ray Franz? If nothing else, I would like to express my genuine thanks and my indebtedness.
    -
    I just noticed after I posted this that my profile level is now 'Master Member'! Do I get a prize or something?? I only started posting on Sept. 8th! Does anyone here think that I'll ever catch up to Waiting? Will ANYONE ever catch up to Waiting?
    -
    My wife (puppylove) just told me that it is better to be a Master Member than a Master Debater -- I wonder what she meant by that??

Edited by - AhHah on 29 October 2000 13:53:30

Edited by - AhHah on 29 October 2000 13:57:36

Edited by - AhHah on 29 October 2000 15:30:34

• waiting
    waiting

Hey AhHah,

Ray Franz writes on the Beacon. And that's the extent of my knowledge, and that might not be correct information either.

I tried to add "url" to the beginning of the above links, didn't work, then re-edited it out. According to Forum Code, url is not necessary. But figured it was worth a try. Thanks for the link help.

Anyway, the links show a very impressive Franz in his middle years, and a very much older Franz after leaving Society.

Man, we wore funky clothes in the early 80's, didn't we? Almost as bad as the 70's. The ties were huge.

waiting

ps - a newly appointed Master Poster brings the Krispy Kreme Donuts to the next Sunday Web Meeting. Red still brings coffee - good woman.

• AhHah
    AhHah

Waiting,

Thanks for the info. Puppylove says she has seen the website "Beacon of Light for Former Jehovah's Witnesses." I will check it out. If I find Ray Franz there, I'll let you know. I wonder what profile he posts with?

p.s. did you leave a space between 'url' and the link 'http:// ...'? This has always worked when I have posted a link.

Edited by - AhHah on 1 November 2000 19:9:37

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit