Elders and Their Word.

by Blueblades 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Have Elders told you one thing then did something else other than what they said they would do for you? Let me give you an example. When the elders in our former congregation were trying to get my son to come to an elder's meeting they called me and said they would do everything possible to aid and assist my son with some problems that he was having. After re-assuring me that he would not be disfellowedshipped and that they would at most privately reprove him, they went ahead and DF'd him anyway. They blatanlty LIED to me and him. Shepherds that lie are no shepherds at all. Wolves are what they are.

What have elders told you, even given their word and promising you whatever to get you to give out information that they would not otherwise get from you? Have you experienced elders who have done this to you? What did you do about it?

Blueblades

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Remember the Charlie Brown cartoon? All I heard was when listening to the elder's was "blah, blah, blah".

shelley

• serendipity
    serendipity

I don't have anything especially grievous to report on the elders, but it reflects badly on them because they're supposed to be shepherds. After I was reinstated, an elder asked me if I wanted to study with a sister. I agreed, and he said he'd arrange it. The study never happened. Another time, an elder said they'd be making shepherding calls and he'd arrange an appointment. I told him my grandfather was dying so I wasn't available for some time. So the shepherding call didn't happen either and the elder NEVER asked me about my gf - though I attended his bookstudy.

I have a couple of male relatives who are MS's. Over the years, they've promised to help me with stuff around my house. One of them never did anything. The other has come through a couple of times. They're too busy helping other people in the cong (especially the elders families and pioneers) and they're involved in a big way with the RBC. It's for show - reminds me of the Pharisees who made a display of their prayers and fasting and whatever.

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, I'm surprised that the elder would give you such an assurance and even more surprised that you believed he could make that promise.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

This came out of the Chippewa Falls Wisconsin congregation.

Couple get engaged.

Couple go to elders for assistance.

Elder States that the couple will not be DF'd. They are there for the couples spiritual and emotional well-being.

Both DF'd

Since couple is engaged, what about chaperones and the engagement?

Elder States the engagement continues and the parents are the only one who can chaperone the couple. All others must follow the societies rules for shunning DF'd individuals. Parents must follow shunning procedures during all other times.

Elders remove chaperone priviledges from parents, force couple to not see each other under terms for possible reinstatement. DF'd people do not speak to other DF'd people.

Elder States that both will be reinstated together.

Only Sister is re-instated.

Of special note is that this sister had agreed to some terms made by her mother. When she fulfilled the last of the requirements to her mother, she could have left home and proceeded with the marriage. The Elders within a week, reinstated her and with it the continued requirement to shun her fiance.

The engagement is now off. The groom has moved on.

Thanks to Tom, Marc and Russ

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini. Based on other information and other dialogue in seeking mutual understanding, I believed them, as I too have served on Judical Committies with these same elders. After this BOLD FACED LYING, I stepped down as an elder.

Blueblades

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve seen Elder`s hold up a blue covered book.Then say:"If the WatchTower Bible and Tract Society says the Blue cover of this book is Red.Then I say it`s Red!"..Most Jehovah`s Witness`s have no problem lying to themselves,or anyone else for the WBTS..If your willing to lie to yourself that easily,how easy is it to lie to someone else?...OUTLAW

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL Blue I can one-up that! An Elder absolutely told me when I pointed out in black and white what the Watchtowerâ„¢ said on how to handle a situation he said "what the Watchtowerâ„¢ (Mother) says and what the Elder's do are two different things, period, no if's and's or butts about it!"

When I said that the Elder's were corrupt he told me to keep my mouth shut and never to say that again or I would be DF'ed for Apostacy! Go figure......that was the nail in the coffin for me and I left.

Well I'm an Apostate and I'm not DF'ed.......last laugh?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

blueblades,

the same thing happened to a good friend of mine. She was having problems with her hubby and was seeing another man for emotional support. She was in a really bad marriage and the two of them were living seperate lives for years. Anyway, my friend has deep emotional problems and trouble with depression all her life. She did not have sex with the man she was seeing at least not at that time. But she went to the elders and confessed that she was thinking of having a relationship with him. She said she was suicidal and had no emotional support from her hubby and that they were going to divorce. Well, they pretended they would help her and told her it was good that she went to them.

After listening to all the details and asking this lady whether she kissed the guy, participated in petting, etc. they Disfellowshiped her anyway. They told her she was not repented enough during their inquisition meeting. How could she not be repented enough when SHE went to them for help? They never would have known anything about it but out of guilt and displeasing God she went to them for help.

She was devestated! Anyway, they did her a favor as she contacted me for support. I had already D'Ad and my family helped convince her it is a cult anyway. She is out more than a year and feeling much better - with a very nice worldly boyfriend and she dumped the lousy hubby. Lil

• Nina
    Nina

Was this son underage at the time of the events? Was he living at home? Or was he adult? On his own?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit