Had to put my Cat to sleep last night - very sad!

by lovelylil 35 Replies latest jw friends

  • gwyneth

    I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to have to let go and end their suffering. My thoughts are with you.

  • sammielee24

    hugs Lily...I know the pain of that loss. I had to have my girl put down when she was 18 and it had gotten to the point where I was spoon feeding her baby food and squeezing drops of water into her mouth. Her kidneys shut down on her. At the same time I had a diabetic dog who was my treasure and despite my doing everything humanly possible for her she went blind and I ended up losing her 2 years ago when she was 10 years old. I still miss her and I have her picture on my desk. Big hug......sammieswife.

  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

    Dear Lovelylil,

    I am so sorry to hear about your loss!


    Lady Liberty

  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

    Sorry Lill

    That hurts so much, losing a beloved pet.

    You gave so much to that dear kitty, bless you for that.

  • JH

    I love cats too Lilly

    I have a 13 year old cat, and she is like my best friend. She is always there for me and she loves me too.

    Before her, I had a 7 year old cat that died of poisoning I think. It came so fast. My cat seemed fine and after eating grass outside, he fell sick. I brought him to the vet a few times, and it was all downhill after that. I had to put him to sleep one week later.

    But this didn't stop me from adopting the cat I have now. I spent 3 weeks without a cat, then saw one just like my other one and adopted her.

    I never regretted it.

    Maybe in a few months from now you might see another kitten that your heart will fall for


  • juni

    Good evening Lil and family.

    I'm sorry to hear of the loss of Oreo. I've had many pets through the years so I am familiar w/the heartache a person goes through. But just think. Oreo had 15 years of life that he wouldn't have had otherwise. You gave him love and excellent care right to the end. That is what our vet recommended also - karo syrup to rub on gums. Instant sugar fix.

    Hugs to all of you.


Share this