What does a JW look like?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I remember many years ago, a sister in her 40's who just joined, told me that I looked like a JW. She said I have the face of a JW.... I didn't dare ask why and changed the subject. I told her that I was new in the Org too, and she said, I thought you were a JW since many years, you look like one....

I've never been so insulted in my life.....

• mrsjones5
  • forsharry
    forsharry

apparently they look like a really angry rodentia-like stuffed creature that carries a purple tinge to it thanks to photoshop. ;)

Not sure really...maybe it's that conservative haircut, and the zealous looking eyes, filled with self-assurance that it's the truth, baby, yeah! That pleasing smile that doesn't quite reach the eyes? The unassuming demeanor? Modest dress?

• carla
    carla

For men it's the haircut and this weird smirk/smile on their face. No matter what is said that whacko smile you want to slap off is still there. Scary. The glazed over eyes when speaking about jah doesn't help the overall appearance either. I'm not being mean or sarcastic, just what I see. Do they practice that look or what?

• Brigid
    Brigid

You know, at the risk of sounding offensive, I think fundamentalist Christians in general have a certain look and a certain tonal quality to their voice (not in all cases, however). It's not so much an outward appearance (though there are tell tell signs from dress, etc.) but it's in the eyes....the way the veil comes down over them whenever anything remotely spiritual is mentioned or might be. It's kind of sad, like the individual disappears from before you and the hive mentality takes over.

JH, you do not look like a JW, so rest easy, my brother.

~Brigid

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's that big hair!!

• karen96
    karen96

Mrsjones, where did you get those pics of my ex? Brings back bad memories!

Fundamental christian men especially have that weird smirk on their face, like they just peed their pants or something.

karen

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I googled "tv preacher" funny as hell. lol

• done4good
    done4good

I remember being at a convention around 1991 or 1992, (last year at Yankee Stadium), and some older sister,(50s-60s) walked up to me and told me I looked like a Bethelite. Yes, it was quite insulting to a 19 year old.

• AnnOMaly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit