What Are Unwritten Rules & Understandings That "Good" JWs Will Adhere To?

by minimus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JT, made a very good point in a different thread regarding how Witnesses follow unwritten rules and understandings. For example, a Witness may shun you----even though you're not disfellowshipped or disassociated. Why??? Because they know you're leading an immoral life or that you smoke. So, they exercise their own shunning even though it is not officially sanctioned on the platform by announcement..... Can you think of other examples??

• JH
    JH

Well, if you're looking for work and a JW knows this and he could hire you, or talk to someone who could help you out, he won't even bother if you're considered week in the Org. He will see this a divine justice not to help you out.

• minimus
    minimus

For years, the rule of thumb was that if you could give work to a "brother", you should----even if he's not the cheapest or his work is not the best quality. Because one was a "brother" or even an elder, more often than not, nothing was put into writing and someone wound up getting a good screwing.

• mama1119
    mama1119

My dad used to have several witnes employees that automatically left early on meeting nights, as if it was just a given. My Dad finally caught on to it and there actual defense was "we thought it wsa a given". They got fired. And then started working under the table for another "brother" while collecting unemployment. Good little witnesses..

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Always purchase a four door Witnessing car, the frozen, Stepford smiles on the women, length of women's skirts and men's hair, not found anywhere in the Bible.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No beards, suits must be worn if one has a privilege, no matter how hot it is in the hall.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    No beards, suits must be worn if one has a privilege, no matter how hot it is in the hall.

DON'T FORGET THE TIE!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

They'll steal from you and slander you if they think they can get away with it. And I do mean "good" JWs

Oh and they constantly brag about how they pay their taxes.

Dismembered

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Yup...we had the above unwritten rules in my cong too...also.....

´Clap for a person if it was their first tms assignment im trying to think of others..mmmmmmm

• minimus
    minimus

But you can't clap for a person who gets reinstated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit