IS JEHOVAH A PERVERT?

by jayhawk1 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sometimes I wonder how something made it into the Bible in the first place...

Genesis 38, the story of Judah and his daughter-in-law Tamar

Background Judah's firstborn son Er was bad in Jehovah's eyes, so Jehovah put him to death. Genesis 38:6

So Judah being the good father that he was gave Tamar to his second son to have sex with and have children in the name of the fallen Er... we pick up reading in Genesis 38:9

"(9) But Onan knew that the offspring would not become his and it occurred that when he did have relations with his brother's wife he wasted his semen on the earth so as not to give offspring to his brother. (10) Now what he did was bad in the eyes of Jehovah; hence he put him also to death."

Now Judah was supposed to give his last boy Shelah to Tamar, but didn't and long story short, Judah got with Tamar instead.

Why is this in the Bible? What moral lesson are we to learn from this? Or is Jehovah just a pervert?

• gumby
    gumby

Why is this in the Bible? What moral lesson are we to learn from this? Or is Jehovah just a pervert?

For the same reason what's his face cut up his wife and sent her body parts to various places like some Jeffry Dahmer psyco bastard.....and for the same reason Ezekiel ate his meals on top of piles of cow shit. Ohhhh the list goes on and on and on

Gumby

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I figured it was time to take a break from 607 and talk about something that bothered me when I was a JW. This chapter in the Bible really bugged me. I can't explain what its value is. Why would God Almighty need us to know this?

• Arthur
    Arthur

Isn't it interesting that the omnipotent power of the universe supposedly allowed his name to be removed from several ancient manuscripts, but saw to it that lurid sexual escapades and hedonistic violence by his beloved servants were retained intact.

If one were to make a movie from all of these Old Testament accounts, it would be rated NC-17, therefore unacceptable for Witnesses.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I personally find the subject matter and title of this thread disgusting and offensive.

You're giving kind old perverts, like me, a bad name associating us with the likes of the murderous Jah. Have you no heart?

j

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Please accept my appologies... I was looking for an attention getting title to help me figure out something that has puzzled me for years. Calling Jehovah a pervert seemed to fit because he was sure interested enough to watch and make sure Onan's semen was not wasted.

Makes me wonder what Jehovah thinks of me and my birth control methods...

• carla
    carla

Gumby, wasn't that actually his concubine? or mistress? or whatever they were called in those days, my point was it wasn't even his wife. Furthermore she died due to being basically gang raped by other Jewish tribes didn't she? Is that how the story goes?

• peacefulpete
  • gumby
    gumby
    I personally find the subject matter and title of this thread disgusting and offensive.

You're giving kind old perverts, like me, a bad name associating us with the likes of the murderous Jah. Have you no heart?

Jayhawk....have no fear of Sir James Thomas my friend.....he's been a bit comical these days and was jokin with ya. He's left his grasshopper like ways and threw in the towel for awhile.

Carla,

Gumby, wasn't that actually his concubine? or mistress? or whatever they were called in those days, my point was it wasn't even his wife. Furthermore she died due to being basically gang raped by other Jewish tribes didn't she? Is that how the story goes?

That is correct. I'm giving you an A+ on your next written review next Thursday night

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

The OT is basically horrific! Children, and sensitive people (such as myself) should not be allowed to read it! I told my loyal, JW parents that the laws of 'God' in the OT were terrible and showed his true character, (or at least the true character of the peoples who made up those laws). I said I would rather have the laws of the UK with all its failings than any Biblical or religious laws any where in the world as at least they showed a streak of kindness and understanding. They simply nodded and agreed..... I'm afraid that if Jehovah 'inspired' the Bible, he certainly managed to give himself a really bad press!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit