KH Builds are a statistical sham!

by jeeprube 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• james_woods
    james_woods

For what it is worth, I was involved in building a KH in Yukon, Oklahoma in about 1976 or 1977. It was our own property, and done with contributions alone, I believe. It was on the poor side of town deliberately to avoid costs. It was built with modest, but carefully worked, construction methods. It was considered "worldly" at the time to construct the type of mini-cathedrals being done now.

We deliberately chose not to do the "quick build" concept, which was known at the time. Reasons -

* many of the brothers were in construction and could do the various tasks in the course of their ordinary weekly schedule.

* these brothers realized that the quick build concept is a phony one. These do not result in a finished building; just an unfinished shell with plenty of fixes and modifications left to do. These tradesmen did not want dozens of amateurs all around and over them while they did their work.

* we also wanted a building of reasonable quality; not something worthy of the Yugo station wagon assembly lines of the time.

I believe it is still there, BTW

• ocsrf
    ocsrf
    It is a statistical sham but more than that is a money scam. The WTS makes out like a bandit You sell your hall, and give that money to the WTS. They loan the remainder. You pay that back and by the time you do its time to build a new hall. You sell your hall and give the money to the WTS. They loan the remainder. You pay back the loan and by the time you do its time to build again

This has not been my experience, when a KH is sold the money from the sale is used to help fund the new building.

OC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit