Another Elder Visit... GOSH!!!

by drew sagan 21 Replies latest jw friends

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind
    The one Elder acted aggrivated and kept saying that all of my questions should have been answered when I first started studying (WTF?).

Been there, done that, have the T-Shirt. I advise you not to let those uneducated polyester suited clowns in your house again. It's admirable that you want to get your jw family out and hope you can do it but I don't know if it's worth having to sit through those meetings???

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Yeah Drew keep us posted. BTW save me those great KM's, they're such enjoyable reads.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Drew, good work, hope you can take a few with you on your way out.

Lil

I could not lie to them and was very honest on the requirements placed on you when you get baptized.

Being raised a JW I did not understand how ridiculous it all was and hence was quite straightforward with how I pitched the message. I remember on a second RV with a young female uni student I went into disfellowshipping, and what a great arrangement it is for making sure people remain good enough to be saved. She looked at me like I was a complete freak and after some arguing about it expressed she was not interested in finding out any more.

• blondie
    blondie

And I suppose the disciples never had another question after they were baptized?

I have no desire to talk to any elders....I did all of that when I was still attending. I realized that I knew more than they did and they realized that too.

I always said that as long as the WTS did not teach anything that contradicted the Bible, I had no problem supporting it without going into any detail. When the traditions of men made the word of God invalid........

We haven't been bothered much now....no meetings for 4 years and no flags in the yard or Christmas tree lights on the house. Even the most lazy elders can't ignore some things...the rank and file nag them incessantly until they do.

I have driven my share of elders crazy with my passive-aggressive approach but no longer. No more pearls before swine.

Sounds like you are doing a good job of driving them nuts without giving them any ammunition.

Blondie

• codeblue
    codeblue

Glad to hear the visit went in your "favor".

I am fading too and want my kids out!!! So I totally understand your position.

Take care and keep us posted.

• mustang
    mustang
    Basically we (me and wife) kept our mouths shut and just said enough to keep them annoyed.

I've used this strategy: it is a variation on Theokraptik Warfare. I've added a liberal does of "what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander".

They don't realize that everything we had problems with are teachings that are HIDDEN FROM NEW MEMBERS like 1919, Faithful Slave, Chronolgy, you know basically all of the crap they teach about how they are part of Gods divine plan.

Don't forget those doctrines that have changed and prophecies that have failed or "timed-out" since you joined up. That includes such things as the generation teaching which undoubtedly was initiated before you were born.

It's great that you have a "solidarity/united front" with your wife.

Oh, don't forget the "Waiting on Jehovah" angle. Tossing that one in might add some credibility to your situation :)

Wishing you well

Mustang

• Borgia
    Borgia

D

• Borgia
    Borgia

Drew,

Good teamplaying! Carry on, dude.

Cheers

Borgia

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

"The 4 page revelation book absurdity will be a big pull for us right now."

What's the 4 page revelation book? Pardon my ignorance.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Good luck Drew. I hope you all get out alive.

We will be waiting here with the Lucozade for you when you emerge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit