Another Elder Visit... GOSH!!!

by drew sagan 21 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Well folks, got another elders visit this past weekend. What true fun. It lasted quite a long time and went absolutely nowhere.
    Basically we (me and wife) kept our mouths shut and just said enough to keep them annoyed.
    The one Elder acted aggrivated and kept saying that all of my questions should have been answered when I first started studying (WTF?). They don't realize that everything we had problems with are teachings that are HIDDEN FROM NEW MEMBERS like 1919, Faithful Slave, Chronolgy, you know basically all of the crap they teach about how they are part of Gods divine plan.
    We kept them annoyed but that was about it. They just wouldn't stop talking.
    Everything is really working in our favor know. We are going to make it look like this meeting actually 'worked'. I'm going back to some meetings and they will think I got 'the point'. The only reason we arn't cutting out now is because of her family. We know we can get them out, and it we are going to start working this week hardcore to make it happen. One of her parents dosn't really believe this stuff but thinks they have too (their words not mine), so we are allready at a 50% win and we haven't even started yet.
    I'll keep you posted on the updates. The 4 page revelation book absurdity will be a big pull for us right now.
    -drew

• earthtone
    earthtone

Good Luck in your efforts! -- did I just say luck? wait.... no demons! This is so freeing. lol

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thanks for the update Drew. Best of wishes to you and your wife.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

All the best Drew, keep 'em guessing!

• avengers
    avengers

Thumbs up dude. Go for it!

Don't let them get you down.

Fight for your family.

Remember, it's an evil slave that will stop at nothing to destroy families, individual lives, and friendships.

Keep us updated.

Andy

• xjwms
    xjwms

Have a plan

Work the plan.

Updates are great. Thanks

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Keep us posted.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

drew,

you are so right. We really did not know what we were getting into when we joined the WT because many of the strange teachings do not get clarified UNTIL you are baptized! It is just not fair as you cannot get out without a problem. I knew immediately I had made a mistake but it took over 10 years to get out totally. I often tell people if I really understood all their beliefs and what I was getting into, I would have ran the other way. The elder my hubby and I studied with actually lied about many things outright. No doubt it was because he was under pressure to get us baptized. I don't hold any grudges or anything.

I studied with 10 people while in the Org. and thank God none ever got baptized. I could not lie to them and was very honest on the requirements placed on you when you get baptized. And I always told my studies that God knew they were good people regardless of their religion. A little unorthodox as a JW but I am glad I was honest. I always did my studies on my own claiming that due to my schedule I could not find anyone to go along.

By they way, it is good that you and your wife are not giving them any amunition against yourselves. I did the same thing in the beginning. I acted like I didn't understand why they were so concerned about my missing meetings and kept telling them I did not have a spiritual problem - which in a way was true as I was doing great with my new found spirituality! But you know what I mean and the elders were in the dark until I placed my D'A letter in the KH mailbox. Then they never came back again. Lilly

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Good luck Drew..................and if you feel the need.......VENT VENT VENT

You have a PM

HappyDad

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

*Tape clicks on*

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it involves posing as a faithful Jdub long enough to get the inlaws out of the enemy headquarters. You will be required to don the costume of the enemy and use thier language. Remember to use the words "resplendent" and "upbuilding" often.

This mission holds much danger for you. If you are found out we will disavow any knowledge of you. Good luck Mr. Sagan.

This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds.

*Tape clicks off"

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit