Scientologists to buy Neverland?

by blondie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21231726.shtml

Tom Cruise' Scientology To Bid For Neverland?
    By Staff
    Aug 2, 2006
    Members representing Tom Cruise's Scientology religion have reportedly made an offer to buy Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, according to media reports in the US.

The church members were eyeing the property with plans to turn it into a celebrity retreat compound.

However, a source tells veteran Hollywood reporter Janet Charlton that members of Jackson's family, many of whom are Jehovah's Witnesses, were unhappy with the thought of the Scientologists buying the property.....

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    members of Jackson's family, many of whom are Jehovah's Witnesses, were unhappy with the thought of the Scientologists buying the property.....

Well, having children molested there is one thing, but worshipping a false god on the premises, now, that's just sick.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

L. Ron must be spinning in his grave having his religion referenced as Tom Cruise's Scientology.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Hey, maybe Zeno the Alien really needs to have his own "petting zoo"-

...after all, the JWs apparantly have their own at Walkill.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Does anybody else see the similarity?

L. Ron Hubbard (Founder)... Crazy Tom Cruise now the center of attention

C.T. Russell (Founder)... Crazy Judge Rutherford takes over as center of attention

Scientology is all about Tom Cruise, just like Jehovah's Witness became all about Joseph Rutherford.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, Tom Cruise is their Freddy Franz - (their Judge Rutherford is David Miscaevage who stole it from L.Ron.Hubbard).

Their Nathan Homer Knorr is of course John Travolta...

• detective
    detective

"how dare Michael Jackson sell his ranch to that... that... CULT!" His Jehovahs Witness relatives fumed...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I just don't know enough about Scientology. I think that is a good thing. Thanks for setting me strait on who is like who, James!

So how does Jenna Elfman fit in?

• juni
    juni

I'm surprised the Society didn't come up w/that idea first.

Charge admission and only for JWs in good standing. Keeps the cult together during vacation time. They could hold WT studies on Sunday and text reading in the am. In the evening Kingdom songs around a small fire.

Think they'd allow wearing shorts?

Juni

• james_woods
    james_woods

Jayhawk1 - you ask: So how does Jenna Elfman fit in?

I must confess I have no idea who she is...but you know that sisters don't really count in the heirarchical sense, due to low brain volume and density.

I think Greta von Susteran should be disfellowshipped for doing the news without a head covering, too.

James, of the "I want to drive the miniature train when they build one at Kingdom Farm" class...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit