So can apostates attend jw weddings now?

by LeftBehind 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I just had a quick look at the link Jourles referred to, and it says you can go, but you have to behave yourself. Also, other jws have to be informed that you are attending so that they can decide for themselves whether they want to attend or not.

I wonder if she is aware of this "guidance"? If so, and still wants you there, maybe she is just after a gift.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    They will expect you not to talk to JWs

yeah but they cant stop you...

its good to talk

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

How about a copy of _Crisis of Conscience_?

Or maybe a family bible, one of those designed as a wedding gift? Not only do they have a real translation, but also helpful tips on making a marriage work. This is the opposite of the WTBTS approach which is making work out of a marriage.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    I posted my your fired letter on the kh door for goodness sake.

Now that is slick.. Dont suppose you'd care to post the "youre fired" letter?

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Nevermind, I saw that you already posted it.

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

I asked her why she wanted me there and she did not give much of an answer. Having me there would really stir things up. I know she has to know that. I have a bad feeling about going. I feel like she is setting me up for a major shunning or something. I still keep in touch with a couple of active relatives who are holding on by a thread and even they said something did not sound right about this. There was even a local needs talk given on apostacy after I fired the WT society according to them ( I feel really special about that). Something smells really rotten in Denmark. I'm not going.

• deeskis
    deeskis

I'm so happy,,,,,,,,

my brother just rang me yesterday to ask me to his wedding in october................Ok he hasn't been to meetings for about 15 years,,,,,me longer

but my parents are going..........his baby is due in the next fortnight......i rang my mum yesterday....she's so happy....she didn't think he'd get married at all................

i'ts not a jw wedding, but it's good enough for my jw parents!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit