Clerks

by IP_SEC 25 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Im becoming increasingly aware of a problem with clerks. I will walk into a convenience store and the clerk is on the phone. Talking to a sig oth or whatevah. They act like you're not even there or worse like you are invading their space somehow. They keep chatting away on the phone until they are ready to help you or you stand there long enough glaring at them. WTF? Is it called a convenience store so things will be convenient for the employees?

Do you see this a lot or 'sit just me? Im not a very confrontational person. What do you do?

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I remember that they're probably getting paid minimum wage (meaning that they would pay you less if they could) and wish them the best.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

well in my area, gas stations are clearly divided.

One half are the super conglomerates like Sheetz who sell cheap gas and everythng imaginable.

the other half is the old school gas station where the gas is a few cents more, but there is always a respectable old man or young lady working the counter who is very helpful.

I really only ever go to two gas stations, and i know all the employees and they all know me. ITs not worth a nickel a gallon to be a number.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I remember that they're probably getting paid minimum wage (meaning that they would pay you less if they could) and wish them the best.

I've had shit jobs too. Never had them for long because I was the best shitjobber they had and they started paying me more or transferred me to another division. If thats all the concern they have for their job minimum wage is more than they deserve IMHO.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I don't really see that in my area, but where I live work ethics are pretty high. We are kind of backwards I guess.

But travelling I've experience this and would like to crack the heads of those types of clerks.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull
    I was the best shitjobber

You're also an Emperor. Quit yer damn bragging.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

(can I say "damn?")

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Quit yer damn bragging.

LMAO! Good form Auch. Ok man lets make up. I'll give you a few hundred of my posting points

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

Actually, my 11 year old was reading over my shoulder earlier and was very impressed by Jedi Master. How do I get that?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Actually, my 11 year old was reading over my shoulder earlier and was very impressed by Jedi Master. How do I get that?

974 more posts. If you double click the submit button you can usually get 2 posts out of one Dont tell Scully I said that tho

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit