Who else is living in a "Sauna"

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

We just had a good thunder storm.....2nd one this year only..

It's almost over, and the temperature went down to 72f or 21C but it's still sticky and humid. I don't mind the heat, but I hate excessive humidity.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Tall Penguin,

That must be very challenging for a..well..tall penguin. Or even a short one.

S4

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Driving home today, my truck thermometer said 100 and its friggin humid as hell.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Me

Went out today. The thermastat said 99F in the car. Muggy as heck too.

Josie

• earthtone
    earthtone

It feels like Hell outside... chicago

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

"That must be very challenging for a..well..tall penguin."
    Yes, us penguins don't handle the heat so well. Right now in Toronto it's only 10 am and already 28C (82F) but it feels like 41C (106F). The humidity is 84%. It's going up to 33C (91F) this afternoon. I'll be sittin' by the AC today. Can't let my beautiful penguin skin get all dried out. :)
    tall penguin

• kazar
    kazar

Here! It has been 98 degrees and humid for several days and the last two including today are 101 with a haze that is suffocating. I do have one window air conditioner which I have been in front of for how long I can't remember. Opening the door to the outside feels like opening the door to a blast furnace. Leaving the air conditioned room into any other area of the house feels the same. And, it is making me out of sorts. I wonder why people get hostile when they are overheated but I have never heard of hostility or aggression caused by cold weather. I feel like I am going to get into a fist fight with the first person I encounter.

I have to use public transportation (MTA bus) and transfer to another bus. The buses are not air conditioned and packed to capacity with people having to stand during their daily trek. Consequently, I have not been to work this week. So the heat is costing me money as well as extreme discomfort. I really must give credit and admiration to people who live in the south where this is probably the norm all summer. They have to be hardy souls. I am doing my best to endure it 'til the weekend when it is supposed cool down to a mere 90 degrees.

I'll be happy as hell when this summer is over.

• Honesty
    Honesty

92.1 F. on my front deck.

Chilin' in my birfday soot under the AC and a mini fan.

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

We live right outside of Dallas and it is 100 degrees with 45% humidity. We keep our air on 72 degrees upstairs and down because we like it cold. We sure feel it when the electricity bill comes though. The last two months it has been right around $1,000. Keeping cool comes with a price, but we have around 4,500 square feet we are cooling too.

• Stealth
    Stealth

101 feels like 105

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit