Who else is living in a "Sauna"

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We've had several days in a row of this shyte! Methinks about two weeks without much letup.

Daytime temps around 95F to 100F - heat indexes around 110F.

I have not been able to work in my yard due to the heat and the mosquitos - we have also had enormous rains every day or two until this week. The relative humidity is running very high. The dewpoints have been in the high 70's, meaning that the air is extremely wet.

I just bot a dehumidifier and have extracting 30 pints of water from the air in my house every 12 hours or so.

I don't recall anything as hot as this in summer for all my 51 years.

Jeff

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Here in the Boston area it is currently 93 but feels like 102 with the humidity. It has been like this about three days now.

I went out to water my plants last night at 8 pm thinking it was cool enough but I could not breathe. Today I am in with two ACs on. Lilly

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

We went camping last weekend, on Saturday the temp was 103 degrees F with 85% humidity.

That sucked hard! Luckily we were camped by a spring fed trout stream. We ended up sitting in the water with a few beers, and the temp seemed to drop considerably!

• oldflame
    oldflame

Hey we here in big ol California just went through about 15 days of 110 degrees or more only we don't get much of the humidity like someof you do and I know just how that humidity feels as I have lived out that way in the past. It's a BITCH !

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

our sauna is over....for now anyway.

The last few weeks have been hideously hot here.mid 90s with bad humidity.Rain today and a lot cooler...thank God!

Heatwave may return next week i hear.

• manicmama
    manicmama

Excessive heat warnings and temps 100 or above for the past 7 days with 90-100% humidity. The days prior to that were in the upper 90's. A COLD spell is coming through today with a high of ONLY 94. The air conditioning can barely keep up. So far hottest summer on record in 25 years. IT'S HOT!\

manicmama

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I can't wait for fall! The cool crisp air, falling leaves, campfires, backpacking......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit