Meddling mother

by meems1000 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• meems1000
    meems1000

Hi all. I've posted a few times on this site but really just like to read the posts.

I wanted to know if anyone can tell me about a book for teens that the dubs have. my mother gave it to my 13 year old son and I'm really angry. I have made it very clear i want nothing to do with those people and do not want my children exposed to it. i had enough growing up in it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Was it "Questions Young People Ask-Answers That Work" ?

That's the usual one that they encourage their kids to read.

• meems1000
    meems1000

i'm not sure. my kids are on vacation with my parents, she just gave it to him. he said something about their being chapters regarding dating, sex, etc.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It will be the "Young Peoples" book then, there is advice on stuff like that in it. From what I can remember, and being 47 it's a long time since I needed to read a book like that, some of it is reasonably sensible advice, but there's always that doctrinal hook there that is in everything the jws print. I'd quietly dispose of it when he comes home if I were you.

Linda

• Odrade
    Odrade

Probably the Young People Ask book. Other than some puritanical views on conduct, the kid won't get much doctrine out of it, and if he's 13, he'll probably secretly laugh his ass off if he even reads it at all.

• meems1000
    meems1000

i plan on dumping it when he gets home. however, how do i deal with my mother? she's not active anymore and even lied to me when i asked if it was a JW book.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Questions Young People Ask—Answers That Work

Its 39 chapters answer many questions, such as: How can I cope with peer pressure? Should I quit school? How can I say no to premarital sex? Why say no to drugs?

Maybe you could say to her that at 13 he might be a little young for some of the advice in there, and so you're saving it for a couple of years, then "accidently" throw it in the trash.

• meems1000
    meems1000

good point. he is young for that info. however, he and i have had discussions regarding sex, puberty, etc. i just don't want any 'guilt' crap put on him.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Kids, now there's something that you should know about grandma, she drinks a bit, and when she is drunk she, well starts talking about the end of the world, just smile and agree with her, she doesn't mean much harm by it, its just the alcohol talking, don't pay any attention to it.

• meems1000
    meems1000

maybe if she would drink she would be easier to deal with!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit