Has anyone had Shingles???

by mama1119 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• noni1974
    noni1974

I had them when I was like 10 years old.I don't remeber any pain.We thought it was a rug burn.My Mom took me to the doctors and she gave me some pills and this stuff to soak it with.It cleared up with in two weeks.I have a scar where it was but no lasting nerve damage.I've alway wondered if they would come back.You can get them anytime.So far then never came back.

I feel for you.I wish I could remeber more but it was so long ago.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I have shingles... on my roof.

(oooh, I know that was uncalled for, but I just can't help myself sometimes. I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended by minimizing this potentially debilitating illness.)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Mine popped out when in nursing school because of the stress. Everyone had good ideas. There's also a bath soak you can get at wlamart that is good. It's got oatmeal in it. Can't remember the name off hand. Maybe aveeno?

shelley

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

There has been some medical success in treating herpatic symptoms with Zinc. My doctor said when I would get cold sores to take Zinc, as that seems to be inadequate in people with shingles, cold sores, etc. L-Lysine (amino acid) can also be used.

Good luck and I hope that your symptoms soon subside!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit