Permanent Make-Up

by AudeSapere 29 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I agree with Kudra! I've had my eyelashes tinted and it was great! A really good hair and makeup consult would good as well ( and facials are awesome!!)

• mariposa
    mariposa

The second to the last congregaion was in, it was IN thing to do. There were a couple sisters who had just moved here from Columbia or Venezuela and it was the fad there too. Mostof them were getting the eyebrows, eyeliners and lip liners done. It wasn't very much money, like $75.00 or so for each thing, but it was sisters who were doing it to you. There was even an elder's wife who had it done w/o his knowledge because he had told her no.

They kept trying to get me to go for it since I have red hair and blonde eyelashes and eyebrows and they wanted to see how it would look on me. But I work outside and don't wear too much makeup, I thought it would look pretty stupid since I couldn't keep up with all the other makeup on a daily basis. I'd be the freak landscaper...AHHHHHHH

• glitter
    glitter

Don't do it!!

Two words: Michael Jackson.

Exactly what I was going to say! That's wiggily tattooed eyeliner!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I know someone who got it, and it looks stupid.

Don't get it permanently done. If you do, you won't be able to take it off if it looks stupid.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Two Words: Michael Jackson

LOL!! That's pretty funny...!!

I'm obviously thinking something MUCH more subtle than him. Just a little eye liner.

The prices people have quoted here are actually very reasonable compared to what I've been quoted over the phone ( $$$ )

I have an appointment scheduled for next Friday but obviously have ALOT of thinking and research to do before then.

I thinking it will add some definition and, since I rarely wear eye makeup, I also tend to smudge - one eye more than the other!

Hmmm Still considering...

Anyone else able to chime in??

-Aude.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

After having been a professional cosmetologist for many years, I decided it wasn't for me. I have two very close friends who had it done. One just had eyeliner top and bottom, I thought it made her look older, at 40+ that's not good; but she liked it. The other had eyeliner top and bottom and lips outlined, she's in her late 50s, and a natural redhead. I have to say it looked alright when she had all her makeup on as well, but the eyeliner made her small eyes look smaller and if she did not wear lipstick or any other makeup, she looks rather clownish. But again, she liked it.

So, I'd suggest maybe a light filling in of the eyebrows and only lining the upper eyelid with a soft smokey color, if you do the lips, have the artist match your natural lip color. At least that's all I would do. Permanent makeup does not last as long as most tatoos since the color is not deposited very deeply. Maybe talk to a couple of well known tatooists, as they are generally good artists as well.

• Odrade
    Odrade

I agree with the last post, talk to a really good tattoo artist rather than a cosmetic tattooist, and see if they have any observations. Then you can go back to the cosmetic artist with a little better info. If you go for it, go really REALLY subtle. Just highlights. That black tattooed liner looks strange if you don't go full makeup. Also, lip liner is odd without lipstick.
    The pic in your avatar shows you very tan. This could be a problem. Since cosmetic tattooing is deposited more shallow, tanning is going to fade the tattoo very quickly. You will also have to commit to having zero sun hitting the tats for 3-4 weeks while it heals. Maybe more. That means a HUGE hat, or stay indoors. Your ink will fade quickly with lots of CA sun exposure, and also too much sun too soon could make the tat area photosensitive which will itch like hell.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I have known several people with it, and it doesn't look good from the get go, and the older you get, the scarier it looks. No offence to anyone, but I would NEVER get that, though there is plenty of plastic surgery things I would do! I am not agains surgical intervention on principle or anything! Good luck.

Shelly

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Hopelesslystained: Maybe talk to a couple of well known tatooists, as they are generally good artists as well.

Really?

I was thinking I'd be safer in a clinical setting.

Do you really think experienced tatooist is as good/safe?? (I mean that as a serious question, not sarcasm.)

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

****Do you really think experienced tatooist is as good/safe??****

A good idea. Look up some Dermatologists who offer the service in their office.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit