announcement that all the Bethel shuttles were not
    going to be running. All Bethelites were to 'stay' in
    the building they were in until it was time to go
    home. Until then...no walking between the buildings
    and all buildings are locked down--for security. (They
    had one man on the street run in for 'safety'...and
    they don't want any 'strangers' coming in!). You know
    how Bethel keeps everything so clean? Well, there are
    crews of brothers doing clean up detail outside.
    Paperwork from the offices in the WTC are floating
    down like confetti...many spattered with blood. If
    nothing else, maybe people who have not yet listened
    to 'the message' will be able to see how 'normal' life
    can change in a heartbeat! Love and hugs,
    Donna and Mike

======================================================================

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

That is just about the most dispicable thing I ever heard in my entire life.

How do they live with themselves?

• Tina
    Tina

Hi,
    Thanks for the post.
    Here we go again with another wonderful representation of JW love in action. Yet we are admonished in another thread that behavior like this came from only 20 or 30 people.
    How many people at the cult compound there? This is supposed to be the creme de la creme? The ones all JW parents want their kids to aspire too? This underscores the fact that the majority of JW's care for nothing but their own
    Life dungbeetle stated the truth for those JW apologists, hurts. And this is the sad truth.
    I have family still in and I recall their reactions to past tragedies and they were disgustingly gleeful about them.
    Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• jonjonsimons
    jonjonsimons

out,
    Thanks for the post. It made me sick to read it but thanks for it all the same.

jon

• JAVA
    JAVA

outcast, Thanks for the post.

The Watchtower continues proving the GB is made up of fearful cowards. Someone on another thread posted the URL the Society's PR team put up about aiding others during this disaster. I guess they let a few JWs into the building, and made it seem like they were out there helping frightened citizens in need. The GB are cowards and without morals by locking down the headquarters when the rest of NY opened their arms to help. I imagine the Tower's PR team must lie in order to present anything making the Watchtower Society look normal.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I remember a letter being read in the KH a couple of months after 9/11 that said witnesses who were walking out of Manhattan after the towers collapsed across the Brooklyn Bridge were able to take up shelter in Bethel and it was "brotherly love" blah blah blah.

But this thread seems to directly contradict that. Even a letter from a supposed Bethelite seems to indicate they were not letting anyone into the building.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/12113/another-jw-account-wtc

Anyone have anything more solid on this?

• tiki
    tiki
    Locking up a building full of people when aircraft are hitting structures is pretty lame. If people aren't allowed to escape and run from the fire and debris they are goners. Oh I forgot....bethel is blessed and miraculously protected and don't let anyone in to the safe place who belong outside to be killed. Crazy indeed.
  • millie210
    millie210
    Coded Logic
    I remember a letter being read in the KH a couple of months after 9/11 that said witnesses who were walking out of Manhattan after the towers collapsed across the Brooklyn Bridge were able to take up shelter in Bethel and it was "brotherly love" blah blah blah.
    But this thread seems to directly contradict that. Even a letter from a supposed Bethelite seems to indicate they were not letting anyone into the building.
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/12113/another-jw-account-wtc
    Anyone have anything more solid on this?

I am wondering the same thing...what we were told was that they opened the lobby to passers by and administered basic needs (bottled water and phone).

I am all for putting blame where it legitimately goes but would like to clear this up once and for all.

After all, it has been long enough now for the facts to be told. Surely we have a poster here who was at Bethel then?

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Sounds right, I heard a CO's say that the kingdumb halls are the equivalent to Noah Ark and when the doors are closed, Jehovah will have angels keeping them shut.

The people at Bethel probably thought it was Armageddon and they just closed the door's so no half dead worldly people would even consider crawling in. So it was kind of a........'you know Fire drill for them'.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Agreed Millie210, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the WT to manipulate and distort the truth. Perhaps their was a tour group in the building that they provided water to so that means they were "sheltering people".

They regularly redefine terms so they can make themselves look better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit