I guess I won't be re-appointed as a servant again.

by rassillon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• lilybird
    lilybird
    I've always found it interesting that the R&F is required to be forgiving even without an apology, but for the Society to forgive there must be "heart-felt repentance".

Any question about who is supposed to be humble here?

I think you have just pointed out another method of mind control on the part of the society.You are NOT to have feelings or thoughts other than what they say you should..Plus it helps to keep the masses under control so they don't have to deal with personality conflicts and other matters of that kind.If you on the other hand do something against the society, it is a big deal to them as they don't want to lose control.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

So did you end up recording it?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

You rebel you! I like the camera idea, bet they write the society to find out the proceedure on that one for next time... that is if they don't already have a recording devise policy in place. Once the Elders wanted to have a Shepherding call, I told them it had to be done in front of my best friend (worldly person) and my parents. The purpose of this shepherding call was because I grew a beard. Oh yes, Jehovah hates beards, I forgot. Never mind that all Israelites had to have beards.

• BizzyBee
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Dansk,

For me, being appointed is what really opened up my eyes. I saw the rotten core of the apple and it was enough for me to fade away. I appreciate that for some personalities the sense of power and authority can be intoxicating. Glad you weren't appointed then. I'm just glad I was because it was an awakening for me.

W.Once

All you lurkers, pay attention to yourself and the flock and see what a crock it is.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Hmmm, this is interesting. I don't understand what the big deal is about recording it. It makes them seem even more sketchy.

• Quandry
    Quandry

If ONLY I had had sense enough to record my daughter's committee meetings. The elders will come back and lie, lie, lie about what was said at them. THEY CAN TAKE NOTES. You may not. THEY CAN SAY ANYTHING THAT IS HURTFUL, FALSE, SLANDEROUS, OR HARSH. You may not. You must take, take, take it and not complain for then you are SPEAKING AGAINST MOSES!!!!!!!

You shouldn't show them your recorder-just record.No, you have nothing to hide, but heads up--THEY WILL!!!!!

• startingover
    startingover

JW's like to hide and cover up everything with the "imperfection" card. I had never looked at it like this before this thread, but if they can make the claim of imperfection that is exactly why every meeting needs to be recorded.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Rasillion,

Good job! What a joke! I tell you... I would be willing to bet a thousand dollars that they record every meeting they have, just the person being interrogated has no idea. How in the world would two elders keep all the data straight if they didn't. When they were at our home they were here for over two hours. How would they be able to recal everything said, unless they recorded it? I am sure glad we got them on tape. When we get the axe ( which I feel is sooner than later) I will post it for all to hear!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• blondie
    blondie

Think about it; if you just related what you heard to another person, it's your word against the other person's. But if it is recorded, they can hear it for themselves, recognize the voices. That's why law enforcement likes to get people on tape rather than rely just on ear witnesses.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit