Patiently waiting for so long

by KW13 20 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Actually the WTS has said that the "peace and security" cry would come before the destruction of "false" religion.The cry "Peace and security!" will be the signal for "sudden destruction" to come upon Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion

w91 9/15 p. 16 "Help Me Out Where I Need Faith!" ***

. (Revelation 17:1-6; 18:4, 5) This too will test Christian faith. With false religion collapsing in ruins, will Jehovah’s Witnesses remain firm in faith?

w04 2/1 p. 21 "The Scene of This World Is Changing" ***

Since Bible prophecies are often fully understood only after they are fulfilled or are in the process of fulfillment, we will have to wait and see. It is of interest, though, that Paul compared the sudden destruction following the cry of "Peace and security!" to the birth pang of a pregnant woman. Over a period of about nine months, an expectant mother becomes increasingly aware of the baby that is growing within her. She may be able to hear her baby’s heartbeat or feel its movements in the womb. It may even kick her. The signs often become more and more pronounced until, one day, she feels a sharp pain, a pang, indicating that the hoped-for event—the baby’s birth—has arrived. Hence, however the prophesied cry of "Peace and security!" may be fulfilled, it will lead to a sudden, painful, but ultimately blessed event—the destruction of wickedness and the beginning of a new world system.

w93 1/15 p. 6 ‘Caught Away to Meet the Lord’—How? ***

The cry "Peace and security!" is a precursor of the period Jesus called the "great tribulation."

w91 6/1 p. 18 Their Refuge—A Lie! ***

As we entered the 1990’s, newspapers and magazines everywhere were saying that the Cold War is over and that world peace is at last in sight. But then a shooting war broke out in the Middle East. However, sooner or later the world situation will develop to the point where the cry of "Peace and security!" prophesied at 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3 will increase to a climax. With our hopes firmly anchored in God’s Word, we know that, as that climax is reached, God’s judgments will be executed swiftly and unerringly. No patched-up peace and security pronouncements should make us think that destruction foretold by God will not come

• gumby
    gumby

Good one Blondie....as usual

No patched-up peace and security pronouncements should make us think that destruction foretold by God will not come

They always cleverly word things so they cannot lose in the mind of a dub.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    KW13 said: Mum and Stepdad were watching the news, as i walked in Mum cut short what she was saying. "this could be the shout of peace and security..."

Hey hon, ask your mom why Armageddon didn't come right after World War I ended in 1918 when peace was declared:

Or when World War II ended and peace was declared:

• Fleur
    Fleur

omg KW13, I totally feel your frustration.

Every single time I talk to my mother she's like "they're telling us to be ready at any moment!" literally, she says the same exact sentence. It's absolutely maddening. I have to hold the phone away from my ear to prevent myself screaming at her that they have been saying that for almost a hundred years!!!

hang in there kiddo!

hugs

essie

• Grace
    Grace

The Witnesses are so blind-sided by their false teachings it colors everything they see: they're the only ones who are applauding the current crisis in the Middle East. And famine in the Sudan (for example), the AIDS crisis in Africa (as another example), and natural disasters they welcome instead of getting out their chequebooks and donating to the Red Cross like real humantarians. Whenever disaster or long-term crisis strikes, most of us first think of feeding the people and getting them out of danger. The Witnesses think a Bible Study is all a person needs.

I am still pissed at their directive during Hurricane Katrina that faithful followers should not donate to Red Cross etc., that they should instead give their money to the World Wide Work and the "brothers" will see that it is distributed to those in need. If you believe this...

Now that I am out (and proud and strong), I visibly look for opportunities to donate whenever I can. It's a fantastic feeling to be on the right side of human living.

Grace

• blondie
    blondie

Or in 1991 after Desert Storm?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Does anyone else remember Bill Clinton's speech about Haiti when he said "Security and Prosperity" over and over in the speech? My dad kept elbowing me in the ribs as if to tell me there is the cry of "Pease and Security."

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I don't think that JWs are the only ones looking forward to Armageddon. In fact, they may be hoping but there are others who are working to bring it about!

The more I read about religion, the less I think JWs are an aberation.

• sspo
    sspo

the society teach, that this could either be a long-term shout of peace of security OR a statement said and then the end.

And when was the last time that the society got anything right.

How many books since 1870 ended up in the garbage, never to be published again because of their accurate prophecying

• Mulan
    Mulan

Henry Kissinger said it when the Vietnam war was winding down. Sure generated a lot of excitement. It was 1973 wasn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit