Patiently waiting for so long

by KW13 20 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

Mum and Stepdad were watching the news, as i walked in Mum cut short what she was saying.

"this could be the shout of peace and secur..."

It frustrates me, whenever there is a conflict or war the witnesses are on the edge of their seat, hoping to see some huge disaster so they can rub their hands in glee and then all be saved and get to live in a paradise as God's chosen ones while everyone else dies a horrible death.

I asked her if she realised that "peace and security" had already been said several times in the past and still no end!! she said to me that the society teach, that this could either be a long-term shout of peace of security OR a statement said and then the end.

So i suppose this gives them an excuse should it fail to happen after a huge announcement of peace of security or a lot of events happen. How is this prophecy??

• Balsam
    Balsam

When I was married to my 1st husband and we were both JW's, he would sit and watch the CNN new's constantly for years this went on. He was always saying we're surely living in the time of the end. The destruction of the the world is coming. Even as a JW I found this way of thinking the end is on us depressing, there was no way to focus on the here and now because the end was coming. I don't know why I didn't like that kind of talk but it did grate on my last nerve. I would say about 1/2 the folks at the KH thought like this and talked about it all the time. Can totally understand your frustration with your Mom talking this way. Just before I left my 1st husband I said, I wonder why the end has never come we're been JW's for 30 years almost and have been expecting it since back in 1975. Why hasn't it come? He told me I just was thinking in a limited human way and not God's thoughts.

• carla
    carla

Oh, so it is a jw thing! My jw is totally addicted to news!

• gumby
    gumby

KW13,

First of all I'd like to say how much I admire your maturity and intuitivness for a guy your age. I didn't even come close to having your perception at your age

Your mothers idea of a prolonged wait after the announcement of "Peace and Security" doesn't fit with how the society taught us drones as to when the end would take place.

The scripture says, "then SUDDEN destruction will be upon them". They taught us when the announcement was made, the end would ensue right away with no delay.

These idiots at headquarters (Bethel) based all their understandings on the welfare of the U.S. If the U.S. said peace and security, that would bring o armaegeddon. Forget about Korea, China, Russia, France, or Scotland, ....it had to be an announcement from the U.S. which is just a dot on the planet Earth.

Gumgeddon

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, JWs can hardly wait for all 6.5 billion non-JWs to become eternal toast, along with their children.

Blondie

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings again Brother Gumgeddon,

Right you are again 100%. And to further the erroneous Watchtower bulldung. We were also taught that before the total annihilation of all, except the Dubbies, there'd be this destruction of all false (other than dubdom) religion. And that this world would become anti-religious and all would turn to "nationalism" Talk about being as wrong as they can be. There's just no sign of that. Oh! those watchtower kooks.

Dismembered

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, if there is a war - "time of the end" - "wars and reports of wars".

But, if there is not a war - "time of the end" - "when they say peace and security, destruction is instantly upon them".

Seems you can have it both ways, if you really want to believe Chicken Little.

• gumby
    gumby

Dismemberednutsacman,

And to further the erroneous Watchtower bulldung. We were also taught that before the total annihilation of all, except the Dubbies, there'd be this destruction of all false (other than dubdom) religion

Good catch!....I forgot that one. Me needs to get me arse back to the K.H. cuz i'm gettin rusty.

Yes, they taught that the government(evidently the U.S.) or U.N. would turn on religion and eat her up, devour her, THEN the peace and security announcement was made....then attention would be turned upon Jehovah's Witnesses who were living in a neautral peaceful state of well-being.......but that was like touching Jehovah's eyeball......and nobody....and I mean NOBODY touches Jehovah's eyeball !!!!!!

Religion is alive and well with no destruction of her in the near future as far as I can see.

KW...maybe you should bring this to her attention.

Gumby

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

They are all so full of $hit.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Mum and Stepdad were watching the news, as i walked in Mum cut short what she was saying.

"this could be the shout of peace and secur..."

I can understand why you are frustrated KW, but you shouldn't be surprised. It's always been the way with jws, at least while I was one, to clutch at straws, so to speak. They tend to read far more into news like the Middle East situation than there actually is, especially now with all the talk that this year's dc may be the last "in this system".

However, as has been pointed out, the destruction of religion must take place before the peace and security shout, so maybe you should,as Gumby suggested, bring this to her attention and see what her answer is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit