Mel Gibson is out of control

by SirNose586 30 Replies latest social current

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

3. The paying audience has even shorter memories, especially if someone is remorseful... get ready for the rehab SPIN, and "Mel's really a nice guy".... he'll be bigger than ever.

my 2 cents...

Yeah but if he's already found Jesus, where is there to go??

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oh, my. We were so much better off when we didn't know so much about the private lives of movie actors, but simply enoyed their talents on a one-dimensional basis. Very few withstand the scrutiny of the media.

Personally, I try to enjoy the fantasies that they create on the big screen and let it go at that. Frank Sinatra was apparently a jerk in real life. I don't care - I love his singing and acting. The same goes for a long list of celebrities. I'm not going to marry them - I just want to enjoy their artistry for a couple of hours!

Mel, bless his socks, is a great entertainer - director, producer, actor, etc. But obviously he is also a flawed human being who should do his drinking and ranting at home.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Two thoughts on this -

* - even if Mel goes down the drain after his "little incident", I am pretty sure that Russell Crowe will be able to follow in his footsteps. Heard that Russell is a pretty wicked hand with a hotel phone when he is in the way.

* - With his millions, what the Hell was he doing driving himself anyway? Especially when out on a bender...

PS - loved the Jay Leno take on it: "I don't know what he was drinking, but I think we can assume it wasn't Manashevietz"

James

• kid-A
    kid-A

If his latest scandal means the world wont have to endure another "Lethal Weapon" sequel, it will have been well worth it.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I agree with BizzyBee -- The character an actor plays has nothing to do with the actor's real personality. I enjoy movies, but when I watch a movie like Braveheart, I fully understand that it's Gibson playing a part, with clothing someone else put on him, and lines someone else wrote. Unfortunately, fans and sometimes even the actors themselves come to believe the screen persona is more real than the actor him/herself. Always a mistake.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I feel sorry for him. He is an alchoholic. I saw an interview with him a few years ago and he admitted he was a very mean drunk and supposedly found Christ and gave up the bottle. Well, I guess he lost Christ and decided to take up the bottle again. It is truly sad. I have had my share of alchoholics in my family and it is a life long battle. Once they quit drinking - they really cannot ever drink again. That is the hard part for many of them. lilly

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Whatever happened to freedom of speech in this f'ng country?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Gibson, 50, said, "There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark."

So I guess all that stuff about freedom and fighting for it and dying for it doesn't mean a rat's ass to Gibson when it comes to "thinking an anti-Semitic remark."

Seriously, that guy has about two brain cells left. He should have quit issuing statements when he was relatively ahead.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

If the "average" person pulled such a stunt, they would of been taken to jail, went to court, paid a fine and that would of been the end of it. This whole situation about Mel Gibson is blown way, way out of proportion. Someone has an agenda and I hope most of you "fine" people can see past all of this media BS. The media is almost as bad as the WTB&TS! --Think about that and you will know that the public is easily mislead.....

• trevor
    trevor

It has been understood for a long time that the Jews are a special nation, chosen by Jehovah and are not to be criticised. They can call all gentiles unclean and forbid their sons and daughters from marrying out side of their special nation. They can employ their own people to the exclusion of unclean outsiders. We of course must never treat them in the same way.

They expect to rule the world one day as it is promised in the Bible that they will. So we had better watch out and show them the respect they demand. This all rings a bell with me? Of course - they are not the only group to do this!

Watch out Mel. You are outnumbered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit