JW's to use Bullhorns on People that don't Answer the Doors

by purplesofa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Look at the source: Weekly World News.

For those of you not from the U.S.A, WWN is a grocery store tabloid that usually focuses on stories like:

COMPANY OFFERS SPACE ALIEN INVASION INSURANCE!

CONGRESSMAN DISMISSED FOR WEARING SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS COSTUME!

ALIEN BIBLE TRANSLATED!
    Extraterrestrials follow the teachings of Oprah Winfrey

BUSH THRILLED TO BE READING AT 6TH GRADE LEVEL AND IT'S ABOUT TIME!

ALIENS USING E-MAIL TO SEDUCE EARTH WOMEN
    Aliens have tapped into our Internet connections

POWERFUL EARTHQUAKE WILL LEAVE CALIFORNIA STANDING
    A DEVASTATING earthquake will strike California in the next five to ten years -- with a force so powerful it will plunge the rest of the country into the sea, and leave the Golden State intact, experts say.

TODDLER PSYCHIC!
    3-year-old predicts future with shocking accuracy!

BIBLE'S 4 HORSEMEN ASK FOR DIRECTIONS IN PARIS
    PARIS - A funny thing happened on the way to Doomsday - theFour Horsemen of the Apocalypse got lost and had to ask for directions!

You get the idea...

No Apologies

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Look at the source: Weekly World News.

That pretty much answers it. The same rag the prints stories about aliens visitng the White House, and that there are still dinosaurs living in the Rocky Mountains

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

This may be fake and all, but I seem to remember a time when they had record players and trucks that played recorded Rutherford giving a Sunday Talk.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

HAHAHA!!! This one was funny: BUSH THRILLED TO BE READING AT 6TH GRADE LEVEL AND IT'S ABOUT TIME!

• rekless
    rekless

THere was a old timer in Mississippi that told me he used bull horns in the thirties. He even said they would call out, OK john come on out of the barn I have something to tell you about the Bible. His eyes would light up and grinn he just enjoyed recalling all the old time stuff they did in rual territory. So whose know what nutty things the Crooklyn boys will inflict upon the poor rank and file. Dan

• james_woods
    james_woods

Please tell me this is just a joke - but...

We have not forgotten the "sound cars" of the thirties, have we...? They were loudspeaker equipped sedans which they would park in front of conventional churches and blast the parishoners with the Judge's vindictives. Also, don't forget the "door to door" record players.

Seriously.

Of course, we quit this about WW2 in the US (for obvious reasons). Other countries - maybe to this day...

I actually saw one in the 1970s still being used in SE Mexico when I was there on an oilfield project.

• forsharry
    forsharry

ROFL!

Oh that's beautiful :)

That reminds me of the two mormon guys that pushed The Book of Mormon through my mail slot when I wasn't at home and then a couple of days later pounded on the door relentleslessly till i heard it in the shower and rushed down the stairs thinking something god-awful had happened only to look through the peephole, still dripping wet, seeing two bright sunshiney mormon men waiting to show me the wonders of the LDS. A bullhorn would have made things so much more convenient for all parties involved. ;)

• Warlock
    Warlock

Hill-air-eous!

But...............................DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Soundcars are still used for legitimate advertising purposes in Puerto Rico because many areas are densely populated. If the Witnesses were to try it again, they would probably do it in a land like PR that doesn't mind noise pollution all that much.
    Dave

• kazar
    kazar

Purp, thanks for the article. It is funny! And, No Apologies--I laughed so hard when I read the links you posted there were tears streaming down my face. Thanks to both of you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit