# 5 of resolution at DC

by moomanchu 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

We utterly refuse to become involved with futile interfaith movements
    as well as social programs and schemes ( nonfutile ones are ok?)
    designed to perpetuate a system that God has condemned as a failure.
    ( do nothing to help any one )
    # 7 in part We will resist with all are strength the curiosity or temptation that lures one into association with outsiders through internet chat rooms. ( oh boy are we in trouble)

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Ahh but they are all futile yes? Afterall the end is coming and only the truth matters.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yeah! I love this one. When I visited my brother back in 1992, I told him I was doing volunteer work (not for the Watch Tower), and he got pissed and told me "You're the reason Armageddon isn't coming yet. You're keeping the world from being bad enough that Jehovah will destroy it."
    He told me I represent everything in the world he hates and the visit ended.
    In his view, the worse off other people are, the better it is for him.
    It's an unfortunate attitude, both for the Witness people, because it robs them of the reward of helping someone less fortunate, and it's unfortunate for the people they could have helped.
    My family's gonna continue to volunteer time and resources to charities because we want to. The world will continue but we aren't too sure about the Jehovah's Witness religion. We aren't gonna donate to any Watch Tower programs and schemes designed to perpetuate their system . . . a system that we've seen as a failure to us, and a failure to our family.

• serendipity
    serendipity
    We utterly refuse to become involved with ...social programs and schemes

I wonder what a 'social' program is? Would it involve charities ? Is the WTS gearing up to df those involved in such programs?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We utterly refuse to become involved with futile interfaith movements

as well as social programs and schemes ( nonfutile ones are ok?)

designed to perpetuate a system that God has condemned as a failure.

In other words, why waste time in the futile work of feeding, clothing, and giving shelter to the poor? Why bother healing the sick or liberating the downtrodden? It's so much better to knock on doors where no one is home in an effort to peddle magazines that teach lies.

I notice there is no resolution stating that they'll refrain from stuffing their faces in donut shops and counting it as "serviceā„¢ time".

W

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    You're keeping the world from being bad enough that Jehovah will destroy it."

lol.......@ bad enough...........if things are bad enough now!!!!

If the organizations he says not to support ...........there chances of preaching would become less and less. If they had the job to feed and clothe and house the "world" and to preach.....hmmmmmmm..........why not begin to realize we are all in this together?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

We utterly refuse to become involved with ...social programs and schemes I wonder if that would include the Jehovah's Witness Holocaust-Era Survivors Fund, Inc.?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why don't they have there own social programs to help their own people since it is also their Christian duty? Being evasive is for the naive.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The apostles while with the Christ always had some money assigned for the poor, when did the JWs copy this example? And they boast that they follow faithfully the gospel.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    "You're the reason Armageddon isn't coming yet. You're keeping the world from being bad enough that Jehovah will destroy it."

Gary,

Please try to use that awesome power of yours for good rather than evil, will ya?

(Apparently the intelligence gene in the Buss family is fairly random.) (And I mean that in a good way.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit