Paypal sucks

by peacefulpete 22 Replies latest jw friends

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I know its been said many times before but man does Paypal suck. For anyone out there who uses Ebay and its Paypal payment system, take warning! I've used it many times before as both seller and buyer and no complaint except for the fees involved. This time I got robbed big time. I won an auction for a Suzuki Samurai listed as "good running" and "professionally built" including brand name high end offroad parts. When I got there is was a cobbled mess of welded water pipe and patched up rust. The alternator was seized, windshield smashed you name it. The jackass seller required a $400 deposit through Paypal at end of sale, I was trusting enough to send it out at the close as required. Big Mistake. I stopped payment through my Ccard and bank account but Paypal took what I had from my paypal account and is suing for the rest. I opened a dispute explaining in detail how the vehicle was misrepresented and they ruled for the seller without any explanation!!

As it turns out even if they had ruled for me they don't promise a refund unless the payee has left the monies in his paypal account! They have his CCard and bank account just like they have mine but they have a policy of not pursuing the matter in such cases.

So the short of it is if you want to make some money simply list an expensive imaginary or misrepresented item requiring a deposit at end of sale, then as soon as the money is deposited into your account (which is almost immediate) transfer it to your bank account by clicking two buttons. The money is yours to keep. They will not do anything other than lock the Paypal account as they are not the party suffering loss, the buyer is! Then next week open a new account!

For those not inclined to be thieves, NEVER USE PAYPAL FOR LARGE EBAY PURCHASES OR DEPOSITS!!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

actually, what you need to do is, demand to use an escrow service before bidding... Live & learn...

PEACE, Mike

• oldflame
    oldflame

Notice taken well as I use them a lot when I shop at ebay.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I hope that you are at least giving this guy negative feedback.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I will leave negative feedback, he will leave me negative feedback in revenge and in his reply call me an idiot or liar. Its all rather futile.

• bebu
    bebu

Wow, pete, sorry to hear you got taken--by the seller and by paypal! Their policies are totally unjust, and it's frustrating because they lead you to believe that using their services will keep you SAFE.

Did you take a look at the seller's feedback score before bidding? This has usually been a big factor on my bidding decisions.

I hope there is still a way to avoid paying...

bebu

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I have to add a story -- a guy my husband works with bought a Hummer off EBay. He has not been able to get the title, so he has a very expensive lawn ornament...

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

Oh, here's an car buying fraud site: http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm It seems to cover mostly phishing, but it might have some helpful information.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    For those not inclined to be thieves, NEVER USE PAYPAL FOR LARGE EBAY PURCHASES OR DEPOSITS!!

I agree... I only use paypal for minor purchases.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

• Elsewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit