Paypal sucks

by peacefulpete 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    e I got robbed big time.

Thats’s your side of the story but it also depends on the terms you agreed to. If you were defrauded, there are remedies such as a lawsuit and a complaint to competent authorities. My bank for example has integrated terms that any fraudulent credit card deductions are guaranteed for a few months. After that, they don’t pay. But if a person has a lot of transactions, fraudulent charges may slip through, and if you finally realize it after their time frame they won’t reimburse you but you agreed to this in terms of service. Your only remedy is to sue the entity that robbed you.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Fisherman..I just added that last comment to a very old thread. Not sure who you were responding to but I agree you do have some protection if using a credit card. I needed this couple years ago when I discovered someone was using my business card for meals out couple times a week at outback steakhouse in New Jersey for the last 6 months. My balances were usually 5-10 thousand each month in new charges so it was easy to miss. I caught it only because they used it at a nice hotel for $300/night once. I was able to sort it out and get refunded thankfully. It doesn't always work, I was fraudulently charged for a hotel we declined to stay at in Mexico after seeing the uninhabitable room. I lost my dispute of the charge without an explanation. I was able to point out I used the card at another hotel the same night but still no refund.

My issue is how complicated this stuff gets and the how not knowing the fine print about ebay and Paypal can really cost a lot of money.

• LV101
    LV101

I've been reading PayPal negatives -- use them a lot for online purchases (not eBay). PayPal has really hurt the Expose - they're not alone w/all the censoring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit