letter about relying on bookstudy

by Kaytam 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kaytam
    Kaytam

Hello, new here. Been out for a while and still a little confused. I was just told that a letter was read at this week's service meeting saying that Witnesses should be prepared to rely on their bookstudy groups. Natural disasters were mentioned and I guess some folks are feeling that this is due to approaching persecution and banning. Does anyone have insight into this letter? Thank you.

• blondie
  • serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome kaytam!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Welcome to the board. Don't worry about what you heard. I remember them spewing the same crap in the early 70's. We sold our house, quit our jobs, moved hundreds of miles away, and sure enough...... NOTHING HAPPENED.

They are a doomsday cult.

• Kaytam
    Kaytam

thanks all and thanks Blondie for the link. Did not realize there was already a thread on this! It is all kind of scary to me still.

• blondie
    blondie

The Bible says that the end will come at a time Christians would not think it would come. Why then does the WTS plan? Aren't they depending on God's holy spirit to protect them? Can't the God who protected the 3 Hebrew men in the fiery furnace without even the smell of fire on them, can't he protect the JWs? Can't the God who killed 185,000 Assyrian soldiers in one night without making a sound, can't he protect the JWs?

To depend on imperfect humans to do for you what God has promised to do for you is lacking faith.

Don't worry, if God is real to you, depend on him to take care of you; he is better able than the WTS. BTW, the WTS only helps people who are "good" JWs attending all the meetings and getting the national average in hours in.

Prepare for local natural disasters as you normally would. Don't give your number to the brothers; they will lose it. Check this data instead.

http://www.redcross.org/services/disaster/0,1082,0_601_,00.html

http://www.redcross.org/static/file_cont36_lang0_23.pdf.

Blondie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Since the bookstudies have the lowest attendance, this is a ploy to get people not to miss a single one, for fear the ban comes overnight and suddenly you don't know where the next bookstudy will be!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi kaytam, and welcome to the board

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Since the bookstudies have the lowest attendance, this is a ploy to get people not to miss a single one

especially with the Revelation Book coming up for study!!!!!!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Kaytam,

:It is all kind of scary to me still.

Welcome Kay.

Remember ... fear + guilt = watchtower cult without that combination, they're nothing.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit