letter about relying on bookstudy

by Kaytam 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

SirNose, in this area it is the service meeting; and yes, people leave after the school even when they had a talk that evening.

One CO visit he gave these stats

1) Book study (my theory, 1 hour and mostly in a private home)

2) WT study (yes, people skip the public talk especially if in the am)

3) Public talk

4) TMS

5) Service Meeting

He pointed out the paradox that there were more people at the WT Study than the public talk (assuming I suppose that a "public" normally came and left after the talk) and that there were fewer people at the Service Meeting which meant that people were leaving after the TMS. Boy, was he upset.

Blondie

• Kaytam
    Kaytam

Blondie, that is a good link from the Red Cross. I am very fortunate to live in an area where there is not huge risk of natural disasters. But all the stuff going on in the world is scary and could affect anyone anywhere. Well have a great Sunday!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I heard this same reasoning 30 years ago........that once the persecution started and kingdom halls were boarded up, we would be given info on what to do and where to meet, at the book study.

Same old recycled same old to a different generation.

The Watchtower organization is filled with the blind leading the blind.

HappyDad

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My Mom once told me that 'so and so' said the end is going to be really soon, and he must know, as he is an Elder!! Like he has some special, secret knowledge that she wasn't privy to. I was still 'in' at the time but I still thought that was silliest thing I had ever heard. When she first became a Witness she said my niece who was a baby at the time, would never go to kindergarten in this system. Well, she's like 35 now. My Mom passed away in 2002, still waiting.....

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Kaytam,

Welcome to the board!! We are glad to have you here!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hi Kaytam,

Not really much to be afraid of. If the Jdubs are right and we all get destructicated, its all good because at least we wont have to live under the tyranny of a sado/psycopathic/baby eating god. If they are wrong, then its still all good because the world will keep getting better, we will defeat more disease and social injustice. We will live out our lives and if there is something on the other side, we will find out. If there's not, then we will be unconscious and wont even know we dont exist

Its a win/win situation. The only thing you really have to be afraid of is making it through Arrmmaaggeeddoonn and living forever as a Jdub The dubs are famous for making an issue out of a non issue. They are counting on this letter striking fear into the hearts of the slacker publishers. Slacker publishers means less $. Scared witlesses means more $

• Kaytam
    Kaytam

thanks all. Just read the thread from Allen F about knocking. It reminded me of the first times I started researching. It is so easy to doubt oneself when you hear about things like this letter and still have family in. Then you read that post and you remember why you first made the decision that you should leave. If anyone has not read that thread, they should

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit