Is this what the society imagines will be above that 'secret hiding room' in the basement?

by Esse quam videri 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

As Peggy Lee once said, "Is That All There Is?"

Hey, Watchtower artists, many hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of people now and throughout history - have endured far, far worse. What an anticlimax indeed! Get out into the four corners of the globe: For many people, their Great Tribulation is now or has already been.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am not so sure that the cover pic, shown at the top of the thread , is intended to represent Armageddon. As I read the first article, on line only so far, I think it represents a common perception of the "end of the world" .

Later in the article they use this one ,with the caption " The Bible's message about the end is good news rather than bad"

I guess some people call that "good news" ? If you don't care about the billions that died !

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Please explain.

It is not clear to me that the people are not witnesses. How do you come to that conclusion based upon the image?

None of the men are wearing the GB ordered suits and ties. No Payless dress shoes. The woman is wearing tennis shoes, not flat, plain Payless dress shoes, and she is not wearing the GB mandated mid-calf length "modest" skirt with a high collared sack with sleeves.

And the most obvious sign they are not JDubya's. . . no jdubya dot (B)org pendants, lapel pins, or stickers to be seen.

• steve2
    steve2

For me the puzzle is how can people leaving a city in smoking ruins wear such lovely white, stain-free blouses or shirts?

What laundry product are they using?

The same product the GB uses to appear pearly white inspite of their misdeeds?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes it would be joyful to see many dead bodies lying on the ground who you may have to occasionally step over.

Your neighbors, your friends from school, your own family members and relatives perhaps, isn't that so appealing ?

Thank you Yahweh !

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Is that a REAL cover picture??
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks
    Of course the survivors on the Watchtower cover are JW's. Proof... None of the men are wearing tight pants and the woman is not wearing spanx. Listen, obey, and be blessed!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "Why is it the WTS never creates pictures to what the bible exactly says is going to happen like dead people every where in including the elderly and children, perhaps with birds sitting in trees waiting in anticipation to peck and feast on the bodies?"

I honestly think that if a true-to-the-text film adaptation of Revelation were ever actually made (WT-flavored or otherwise), the sheer hard-R horror of it would shake even the staunchest believers to their core.

They have to dial it down, just to make it palatable.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    I'm with you Vidiot. They prefer Armaggedon-Lite, in the distant future. Just not now.
  • Prefect
    Prefect

Another reason.

They could be in the basement because JW--Org has sold off all the Kingdom Halls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit