BUSH MAKES ME SICK

by chachasmum 31 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame
    The US seems to be playing world politics as though we were in a war - the 'war on terror' is all made up by the US. No-one is attacking the US. Egypt and Bali had terrorist outrages but didn't feel a need to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. I am worried that the US is the world's most dangerous nation as it starts wars. I'm gutted that we Brits sacrificed our integrity to join in. All the losses of personal freedom won't do one single thing to stop a nutter with a bomb but they do hand over control of personal freedoms to a megalomaniac power. When will the US politicians realise they have no right to invade or play in other countries politics. Two times the US has saved the world (WW1 and WW2) and when its played this role it is loved by everyone - its just forgotten those principles and corrupt leadership has played its part. My halfpenny

Boy Howdy, I totally agree with this statement. This government of ours is getting worse by the day and it is not just republicans it's democrat's too. They are all worthless to Americans and when we go to the polls I suggest we clean the whole damn house and Presidency out. I say fire them all and bring in a new government with fresh meat to pick on. LOL

Oldflame ( of the does not like Bush Amin.)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

If they told you it was homeland security THEY LIED TO YOU! If it was a federal regulation ALL banks would do it and they DON'T I did business extensively with BOA, Compass, wachovia and a small credit union called metro north last week NONE of them required that nonsense! This was just last week!

Your BANK is doing this to you! Get a new BANK!

Do any of you guys honestly believe the democraps will be different? They all suck! (I will vote for Hillary over a republican any day though!)

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I've had someone swipe my card number twice. Once was just a few months ago and there was no hassel at all. Fill out a form, fax it back, get my new card. A few months later, they tell me they agree and done. It must be your bank or something. Definately not new security regulations.
    "Anyone who ever votes for another Republican is brain damaged."
    I would have to disagree. I see alot of this within my (the gay) community. Recently, I read about two positive things Bush has done for gay rights. One was his ambassador to Latvia called the country as not to cancel their parade. Of course the media spun it so that they didn't mention who appointed her. The second was Bush appointed an openly gay doctor to head some AIDS thing. Yet, Clinton signs a law in making gay marriage illegal in the US and he's still a great guy.
    I'm not a fan of Bush. But ALL politicians have good points and bad points. They are all out for themselves and the all mighty $$.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

For the most part there is no differance anymore between Republicans, and Democrats. Democrats just put a gun in your face, haul you into the alley and rape you. Republicans put something in your drink, then whisper how much you are going to like it in your ear. The results are the same.

• rekless
    rekless

Anyone who ever votes for another Republican is brain damaged. If dems got their heads out of their a$$es they would all vote republican, Tax and spend Dems and Cut and run Dems.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Rumor has it that George Bush is the Charlie McCarthy for Edger Bergenish Dick Cheney.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum
    Pardon me, but aren't ATM and debit cards the same?

Hi sf,

A debit card has either the mastercard logo or the visa logo on it and can be used at the atm machine plus various shops, gas stations, restaurants, etc. just like a credit card, [but rental car agencies will not let you use them to rent a car], that is why they are basically useless. It just enables people who steal them to have access to your checking and savings account because the debit card is linked to both of these. Most banks will send these to you because they want you to think you are getting an extra service, but let's say you have 200 in you checking account and have written a check for 100 then someone takes your card and goes to town, then your check will bounce...and getting the money replaced is a bigger hassel.

An atm card can only be used at an atm and only with the pin number.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    BUSH MAKES ME SICK

Ya it has that effect on some, personally I like it muchly.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

"but let's say you have 200 in you checking account and have written a check for 100 then someone takes your card and goes to town, then your check will bounce...and getting the money replaced is a bigger hassel."
    You must have some ghetto bank. There are many ways to prevent this:
    1. Sign up for online banking so that you can see your current account activity. Check it once a day to see transactions and notify the bank immediately if something doesn't seem right.
    2. Some banks allow you to set up e-mail or text message alerts so that you will receive notification the minute you balance goes below your set amount.
    3. Most banks offer fraud protection for their debit cards. The times it has happened to me, I received a new card within 1 business day and the bank will loan you the money of the suspect charges within hours while they complete their investigation. If the investigation comes out in your favor, the money they loaned you is yours to keep. If you are honest that the transaction were not yours then it always works out right. It did for me. Twice.
    PS: A vast majority of rental car companies will let you use a debit card. BUT, they will take out the amount of the rental plus $100-$400 extra. The extra amount will be returned to you at the end of the rental. You have to call the individual location to verify this, but I've done it several times before I had a credit card. A credit card is still recommened because it offers most offer free collision insurance on your rental.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Tax and spend Dems and Cut and run Dems

Just checking, but you DO understand that the five largest deficits in US history have all happened with a republican as president? That would be a president named BUSH by the way. Did you even know that the "war" in Iraq is still carried off the books and has not been counted in the latest $500B deficit?

As far as spending goes, Republicans have no peers. In addition, rather than spending money on things that might actually HELP our nation become a better place to live it gets spent on no-bid contracts to military suppliers and pay-offs to foreign governments like the new Iraq.

I was a rabid anti-Dem for many years, but the Republican Party is not the same one I supported even as recently as Bush 1's early days.

All smoke and mirrors and trite names that carry no significance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit