BUSH MAKES ME SICK

by chachasmum 31 Replies latest jw friends

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I just called my bank to change my debit card to an atm card. Not wanting my account cleaned out in case the debit gets lost or stolen. I was on the phone 40 minutes they wanted my passport no, my green card no, wanted to know where i conduct my business, what date i opened up the account. I mean really who and their mother memorizes the date they opened up their bank accounts. They wanted to know if i had a bank account in another country. On and on. Then my roomie tells me it's the new homland security rules. I say it's a bunch of intrusive bull ---t. Anyone here had any similar experiences.

• rekless
    rekless

Sorry, that's the cost of freedom. George W. Bush

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ok I'm not a bush fan I think the man is dumb as a door knob but honestly this is your stupid BANK! I think your mistake was telling them you were concerned about fraud it puts you to another dept that is just STUPID with security crap!

I called my bank several times in the last week. Got my balance ordered a new card tried to get some NSF fees reversed asked some questions about my mortgage etc... For some reason I had to talk to the bank every day this week! They asked for my banking code and telephone pin then my verbal password, THAT WAS IT! That's all! Nothing else! Now on either Tuesday or wednesday I had to call in because there was a charge on my card I didn't recognize so I got the FRAUD DEPT... What a bunch of a$$holes! I had to verify everything that's ever happened on this account (which I've had since 1996) "How much did you spend for gas last month..." WTF?! I don't know! "How much was the deposit on 3/28/05? WFT?! "What was your great great aunt on your fathers side's date of birth?!" on and on and on and on!

Blame bush for lots of things but not your bank behaving like a$$clowns! Thats on THEM!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Just wait - The new regulations that will no doubt come online after the next incident will have the tellers putting on rubber gloves when you make a withdrawl. If congress can do nothing else, they sure are good at dancing in the blood of innocents to get their pet bills passed.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

I didn't call the fraud dept. I called just to change my bank card. My card had not been stolen. Alot of the questions are to do with the new home land security rules which to me are is a bunch of intrusive bull s--- My passport number what has that to do with anything????

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

America - the first voluntary totalitarian state. As long as we can use our bank accounts to pay for useless crap from the mall and borrow more money for crap we really can't afford than Congress can take every right out of our asses.

• sf
    sf

Pardon me, but aren't ATM and debit cards the same?

Bush is hazardous waste as far as I'm concerned. Extremely toxic.

sKally

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The US seems to be playing world politics as though we were in a war - the 'war on terror' is all made up by the US. No-one is attacking the US. Egypt and Bali had terrorist outrages but didn't feel a need to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. I am worried that the US is the world's most dangerous nation as it starts wars. I'm gutted that we Brits sacrificed our integrity to join in. All the losses of personal freedom won't do one single thing to stop a nutter with a bomb but they do hand over control of personal freedoms to a megalomaniac power. When will the US politicians realise they have no right to invade or play in other countries politics. Two times the US has saved the world (WW1 and WW2) and when its played this role it is loved by everyone - its just forgotten those principles and corrupt leadership has played its part. My halfpenny.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Move to another country then. You do not live in 1950's America anymore. This is the modern world and people loss their entire life savings over fraud, as well as spending months and years with people stealing their ID, trying to clean that mess up. Not to mention the fact that the terrorist were known to work through our loop holes to get things done. I personally have no problem with what you went through, and expect it to get even worse as the world becomes more and more complex. That is just life, in this modern time.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Anyone who ever votes for another Republican is brain damaged.

As far as your experience with "Gnomeland Security" goes, I suggest you get used to being outraged. Fortunately the youngest amongst us are rapidly becoming acclimated. Remember when you folks didn't protest locker searches in school, metal detectors at the door, full-time police presence in Elementary schools etc?

Remember when you didn't call your Congressman when Homeland Security distributed brochures in schools and posted bill-boards around them urging the yoots to call and report "suspicious activity" like someone taking a foto? The next generation of rules will be even worse because kids are immersed in the propoganda of "us VS. them". All I can say is that I'm soooo happy to have two passports so I can bail.

Reap the whirlwind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit