"The end is nigh"

by PopeOfEruke 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Just got a message from a relative attending the DC. This seems to be the big announcement from the convention: The End Is Nigh! Sigh........haven't heard that before..... Pope

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have...back in the 70's.

Nothing new here...move along.

Josie

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Its from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

We are the knights who say Nigh!

Nigh Nigh

Noew

no

Nigh Nigh

Damn sometimes I wish I had a Holy HandGrenade

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here ya go

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Oh dear lord mrsjones, you are after my heart.

I nearly wet me armour

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

A Reading from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20:

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

-- Monty Python, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Follow, but follow only if ye be men of valor! For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so fowl, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about its lair! So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage, or your strength, come nay further, for death awaits you all . . . with nasty big pointy teeth!

• sspo
    sspo

yes since 1880 the end has been just around the corner or i shoud say from 33 ce.

• steve2
    steve2

• Didn't you know that, since Christianity began over 2,000 years ago, the end has always been nigh?
    • Didn't you also know that since Christianity began over 2,000 years ago, a certain percent of almost each generation has thought this time the end is really, really, really nigh and that a certain percent of each generation have held their guilty breathe and muttered silently, "I hope not".
    • And did you know that yet another certain percent of each generation has simply rolled its eyes at the irritating time-wasting juvenility of the whole Yes-it's-nigh I-hope-it's-not-nigh "argument".
  • Flash
    Flash

Yes, they have been saying things like this from Day One. Even so, I believe their doctrine of God using the worlds governments to destroy all religion is correct. IMO, we should watch for the United States and Briton to hand leadership of the War On Terror over to the UN, who will then be Divinely lead to determine that "religion" is the real problem and has to go...IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit