by PopeOfEruke 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

We stick our butts right in yo' face!
    THE END IS NIGH! THE END IS NIGH!
    -Jojoba Witless

• Jake99
    Jake99

I am the beginning of the New World and the End of this World. I have no religion, stand behind no nation and use only the common sense governing, working and distribution system Jesus said was the Way. No money changers and no lines on the map and a kingdom is not a democracy. I am the end of these times and my works are my credentials.

• JH
    JH

If the end is near, the JW's should put year 0 on their new calendar that will come out next year.

• gumby
    gumby

It was near 166 years ago too.

The Watchtower Reprints, November 1890, p. 1

We need not here repeat the evidences that the 'seventh trumpet' began its sounding in A.D. 1840, and will continue until the end of the time of trouble.

Gumby

• FairMind
    FairMind
    Even so, I believe their doctrine of God using the worlds governments to destroy all religion is correct

Flash I also believe that to be the case. Islamic leaders have openly stated that their objective is to regain control of all the lands that used to fall under their domain. This includes many European nations including Spain. There is a growing sentiment among many Americans that the religion of Islam should be banned in America. This type of thinking could lead to such religious tensions that ALL religion could be banned.

• Shmoe
    Shmoe

OF COURSE "THE END IS NIGH" ! I PRAY THERE IS TRUE UNDERSTANDING OF THESE WORDS FOR ANY & ALL READERS!

Humans seem to have a terrible time really grabbing the Fact that each and every life time is a TINY TINY TINTY fraction in eternity!

God is Eternal. Life is a "test" of spiritual strength in a physical world!

The End is near as soon as you are Conceived because this PHYSICAL body is TINY and the time here is just as SMALL! Simplify your life but do it from a "higher" perspective than being just a talking monkey. See there are limits to doing bad things, but there are absolutley NO LAWS AGAINST NOR NO LIMITS TO DOING GOOD! We just need to learn what the good things really are & learn how to use these good things rather than just being how we are programmed by this modern society / world.

The JW's have abused this "predictionary" hoopla.... The Time is Nigh.... Yeah... 1914, 1915, 1917, 1918, 1922 - 1925, so on & so forth 1975, to present day. WRONG is As WRONG Does. (Evil IS as Evil Does.) THOSE OF GOOD HEART! Know that life has enough stresses without these kind of mind games being thrown at you! Test the Spirit! God IS There for those who seek him and his wisdom!

PEACE!

Shmoe

• poppers
    poppers

"I fart in your general direction!"
    Monty Python and The Search for the Holy Grail

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Ah don' wanna talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food-trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your Mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

• done4good
    done4good

***Yes, they have been saying things like this from Day One. Even so, I believe their doctrine of God using the worlds governments to destroy all religion is correct. IMO, we should watch for the United States and Briton to hand leadership of the War On Terror over to the UN, who will then be Divinely lead to determine that "religion" is the real problem and has to go...IMO***

While that certainly can be consdierd a possibilty, one needs to consdier a few things before such a statement can be said with any certainty:

1. Religions have been a root cause of most wars since for millenia. Any time a belief system, (whether it be religious, political or otherwise), is beieved to be the "right" one by a number of constituants, tensions will result, that can lead to conflict. History has demomstarted this many times over, not just in our present day.

2. We have a relatively limited hindsight when considering such events. Most of the time, we tend to consider world events from the perspective of our own lifetime. Islamic, (or any other religious), tensions have not seen this level of activity within my lifetime, so it can easily stand for me to reason that this situation is a "bad as it has ever been", without consdieration of other past religious conflicts, (Inquisitions, Reformation, etc).

3. Most people still have some sort of a "religious" sense. I find it extremely hard to believe that an organization, (UN or otherwise), could somehow convince people that all religion must go, just because SOME fanatics are overstepping human rights boundries.

4. The UN in itself is a VERY weak organization, and the US and GB have no real way to "give" power to it. Even if they could pass some "power" to the UN, how would the world's nations receive this? I can't imagine there being some overwhelming acceptance of such control by the UN. Sounds like much of a pipe dream.

One of the hardest things for humans, (present party included), to do is see beyond the "here and now". This includes seeing the past. We should remember this before we jump to conclusions.

j

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Done For Good,

you raise some interesting points. Personally I think the JW scenario of the end of the world is way off, of course anyhting is possible but in my opinion the UN is too weak to do anyhitng anymore.....

Maybe 20 years ago it was a more likely scenario...

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit