Complete Audio Recordings of 2006 DC Talks

by AlanF 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom

Anitar: Hmmm... You raise some interesting points I've not heard before. Interesting.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Thank you Upand Atom. I came to these conclusions after researching at great length with my psychology professor, and the she says the Watchtower uses an old formula of thought manipulation called implantation, similar to the techniques used on the POWs in Japan in WW2.

Think about it. As a JW, do you really have freedom of speech/thought? The say you do, but only within the sphere of influence of the watchtower. Any thoughts?

Anitar

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks, Alan.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    This one was held July 14th,15th,&16th at the Leonard E. Merrell Center in Katy, Texas. Somewhat smaller than previous venues.

A Somewhat smaller venue than previous ones is putting it very mildly. The few years past they used to be held in a fairly nice stadium in College Station, plenty of room for 7000 or 8000 to spread out a little.

I went to a Sunday meeting with my wife and the BotchTower had 7000 crammed into that building built for 4000. Seats lined up infront of the stage and so many people there some had to sit out in the hallway, all with the expectation that they bring their own lunch too. Parking was atrocious.

While I was shocked at how cheap the WT has gotten in providing sufficient space the trained WT sheep were running around counting it as a blessing that so many people were there and that there seemed to be so many new interested ones.

I heard that a couple of weeks later that during the Sunday session, the fire alarm went off and a brother came on stage telling people to calmly leave the building. Halfway through the evacuation it turned out that it was a false alarm and people were asked to return to their seats. Had there been a real fire, tht much overcrowding in the buiilding at the time could have been a disaster, But of course all the witlesses could talk about was how orderly the process went, totally oblivious to the fact that had that been an actual emergency, more than half of them would not have gotten out alive.

Guess that worked to the WT advantage though. The witless I talked to said that she was certainly "awake" after that.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Charming. It sounds like they thought there was alot of newcomers, when actually it was just limited seating. And the fact that 3000 people who traveled at their own expense were left without a seat didn't phase them at all?

Talk about dense!

Anitar

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

The fire marshall should have been called in to investigate. 3000 over capacity is dangerous! It wasn't all that long ago that a concert in Wichita was shut down for being 300 over the building capacity.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    The speaker says, "...many teenagers find Jehovah’s laws too heavy... too burdensome... perhaps"

"If your child truly loves Jehovah, his expressions will be similar to this..."

“…let’s look at first John 5:3….”

Reads from Bible, “…we observe his commandments [Jehovah’s]… and yet his commandments are not burdensome.”

That's funny.

Here's what it really means:

"many teenagers find it too burdensome to keep up with the endless hours of crap we dump on them every week of their lives under threat of eternal death. But hold on there! In case you get any funny ideas, it says in this here book that it's NOT burdensome at all! Just looky here in John 5:3: 'and yet his commandments are not burdensome.' So there you have it, folks, I dare y'all to argue with THAT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit