I Want a Tat.

by lost_light06 16 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

It's kinda funny that the JWs will "mark" you for getting marked.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I was raised in the lie. I remember a bro in my first cong. had a bunch of tattoos on his arm (he had been in the armed forces). I was always kind of afraid of him because of those tats. Thing is he is a really nice guy. I guess getting a tattoo would be “marking” myself. I can live with that.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

I always wanted a tat, I think I'm too hairy though,

• beachbum
    beachbum

I love that show too. As someone mentioned, not sure how the Elders would respond, but I got two. I can show them off only when I want. Again, be sure it is a design that you want for the rest of your life. I did not get my first until I was in my late 30's (but wanted one since I was 16). I am working on my next design

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Here's my tattoo, only 3 weeks old! I got mine done from Shane O'neill, located in Delaware. You can check him out at www.shaneoneilltattoos.com.

It's a black and gery Siberian Tiger. My advice: you get what you pay for, look for the best online first - not some cheesy shop down the street.

Regards,

Wing Commander

• nelly136
    nelly136

what they cant see they cant whinge about, i've got a big one and a little one but you wouldnt actually know.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I've been thinking about one for several years. What I want.........if anyone has a good drawing.........is a "rearing horse". I want to have this tat on my right calf. The other tat I want is "End Of The Trail" on my left calf.

What does this symbolize? Well, let me put it this way. I'm going to be 60 years old in about 6 months......but I still feel young at heart and can have some really good fun. I bought my first Harley dresser in 2002 and had the time of my life going on rides with my local HOG chapter. A year and a half later, I got broadsided by an 86 year old who said he never saw me. He had a stop sign! I no longer ride. This was just 3 blocks from my house. Spent 2 days in the trauma unit and the bike was totaled.

The rearing horse symbolizes energy and the "nothing will stop me" attitude. The end of the trail tat symbolizes getting tired and old........somewhat defeated! So it is a blend of what the mind does and how the physical body answers back.

Here is a writing that was sent to my local newspaper about 8 years ago. It was written by a man in a nearby community and I new him back in the 1980' s as a very vocal union president who did his best to speak out about the steel works closing in my area.

AGE IS ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE

Some look upon a senior citizen as an old person.

For those that do, I'd like to define the difference between a senior citizen and an old person.

A senior citizen is a person of a high-ranking age. Age is a number which could be high or low - not necessarily young or old.

I and many of my alternates do not feel old because of our attitude.

The way we live now, and the way we lived in our earlier days full of love and respect we showed towards each other and the decent lifestyle we maintained, help to retain the youth that we senior citizens enjoy today.

I'll admit that I may not be the lead runner in a marathon, swim the English Channel, climb Mount Everest, cross-country ski, wrestle an alligator, etc. But with my attitude, I'd give it a shot.

To be old is to have a negative attitude, negative personality, lack of willpower and initiative. The lack of love and rrespect for others, as well as yourself. Most importantly, the lack of realizing the value of life.

If you wish to enjoy life as we youthful senior citizens do, get with it.

That's how I feel. So..............I still need that rearing horse drawing. Can't wait to post my pics on JWD.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit