No Resurrection For Disfellowshipped?

by ThomasCovenant 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

"My wife has said she doesn't think they believe he will as he has sinned against the Holy Spirit."

The JWs consider the "Holy Spirit" to be a force like electricity.

Seriously, does this make any sense? The only unforgivable sin is a sin against Jehovah's electricity?

If you asked an elder that question, they would probably blow a fuse!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

You can insult me. I will forgive you.

You can insult my family. I will forgive you.

But never, never, never insult my 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current that powers my devices. For doing that, I can never forgive you.

--VM44

• turbonium
    turbonium

Does he still believe in Jesus? If so, then he will have eternal life. (john 3:16)

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    But never, never, never insult my 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current that powers my devices. For doing that, I can never forgive you.

--VM44

Good analogy. I think I should bring up something like that, next time we talk about it.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, turbonium

Is this your personal feeling or is this how you think the Watch Tower Society determines their future prospects?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I really got sick and tired of hearing so many jws discuss who they think will and who will not as though it is any of their business in the first place.

plm

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know why "sinning against the Holy Spirit" is singled out as being the "unforgivenable sin"?

This is worrisome, as it is not immediately clear exactly what constitutes "sinning against Holy Spirit".

--VM44

• turbonium
    turbonium

Thanks for the welcome! I looked for the answer in the bible and saw that passage. it means a lot! I think the WTS say that the disfellowshipped just die. But i don't know much, can you clear it up?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Only Jehovah knows for sure who will be resurrected, according to WTS doctrine.

This was always my understanding. It's "in Jehovah's hands" is what they would always say.

• jgnat
    jgnat

VM44, the speech, in context, was a condemnation of the Pharisees for accusing Jesus of healing by the power of Satan. This I understand. Don't call evil the good that God does, or you rain that same judgement on yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit