Help me come up with some Elder comeback lines...

by jgnat 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Jgnat and asleif, those are some good comebacks. That one, "what am I gonna tell ____ when we don't see you there?" is one of the more insidious remarks in the elders' arsenal. Good to make them see the arrogance of it. Then they'd probably remark, "Well, God judges who will be worthy of resurrection."

"True, but didn't you just imply that I won't make it? So even though you say that God is the final judge on the matter, you already know."

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    "what am I gonna tell ____ when we don't see you there?" is one of the more insidious remarks in the elders' arsenal.

Well, depending on how much of a smartass you wanna be...the best reply would be, "What makes you think you're going to be there?"

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Well, depending on how much of a smartass you wanna be...the best reply would be, "What makes you think you're going to be there?"

Heh, that would be pretty smartass. Of course, comparing them to Pharisees ought to produce the needed indignance. Pharisees judged people they didn't like (tax collectors, harlots, ordinary people) as not worthy.

• bebu
    bebu
    ;"what am I gonna tell ____ when we don't see you there?" is one of the more insidious remarks in the elders' arsenal.

Or, "What makes you think she's going to be there?" And isn't it supposed to be that family members won't recognize each other, anyway? ...? bebu

• xjwms
    xjwms

Excellant comebacks

I will have to make notes in a day or two when I find the time

• xjwms
    xjwms

Excellant comebacks

• xjwms
    xjwms

Excellant comebacks

• bavman
    bavman

My favorite comeback to all elder questions is: FU%$ OFF!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit