Help me come up with some Elder comeback lines...

by jgnat 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    Really, schene_, they're good

Very good! I'm impressed since YOU were never a JW! I couldn't have come up with anything better and I was born and raised! They are too the point but not overly rude.... it's great to have a come back to a question with a question!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"What am I going to tell your mother when she is resurrected - looks for you. and finds that you are not there?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good one, Blues Brother. My hubby's heard it, too.

Retort: Am I Jehovah to know who lives or dies? Are you? Have you opened the Lamb's book of life? How can you be so confident I won't make it?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    What am I going to tell your mother when she is resurrected - looks for you. and finds that you are not there?"
    Retort: Am I Jehovah to know who lives or dies? ;Are you? ;Have you opened the Lamb's book of life? How can you be so confident I won't make it?

I like this one. It is the one thing my mother uses with me.

Your questions and responses are really great! This is definately a keeper!!

BB

• Terry
    Terry
    "What am I going to tell your mother when she is resurrected - looks for you. and finds that you are not there?"

Tell her I bet she's surprised to find out Hell is real and I'll send her a postcard from Heaven.

• luna2
    luna2

I got a version of this fairly recently at work, not from an elder, but from a regular dub....or wait, he may be an MS. I wish I'd had a snappy comeback at the time. Mostly I was just stunned at his insensitivity...I shouldn't have been, though, as rudeness and butting into people's business is SOP for witnesses. I'll have to remember some of these for the next time I run into one of my old "friends".

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Did you get this information on the internet?

The issue is not where I got my information but why the WTS thaught this as truth for X number of years and then changed it completely.

Wait on Jehovah...-Prov 2:3-5,Matt. 7:7-8, If I'm always supposed to wait on Jehovah I could have stayed in the Catholic/Baptist/United church

Goldminer

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

"Wait on Jehovah"

response:

This is not the advice I was given when I was studying and there were problems in my former church. I was told that the problems and errors in my former church were a sign that they did not have Jehovah's blessing and were false religion. "Get out of her, my people" was the advice you gave me then. I was told I couldn't worry about how much the decision to leave that church and become a JW would distress my family and friends.

Now, when I see the same problems at the Kingdom Hall and throughout the society, I am told to "wait on Jehovah". You try to make me feel guilty about distressing 'the friends' at the hall.

This doesn't make sense. Actually, it's called blatant hypocrisy. I find blatant hypocrisy unacceptable in any group that claims to be lead by God.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Did you get this information on the internet?

Do you deny its accuracy? (don't let them change the actual subject from the information itself to the source of the information...make them deal with the factuality of it)

• parakeet
    parakeet

When I told my mother I was leaving JWs after 14 years, she told me that I "never really gave it a chance."
    Whaaaa......????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit