A heartfelt warning to parents

by Stealth453 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Yesterday, at 5 in the afternoon, my 17 year old son was swarmed and beaten by a gang of 6 young males. In broad daylight, on the busiest corner of the city, in front of his horrified girlfriend and about 300 passers-by. He is in the hospital with head injuries. Thankfully, the prognosis is good, and he will make a full and complete recovery.

The reason for the attack? He was carrying a blue handkerchief., the local symbol of the Crips (a local wanna-be) street gang. My son is in no way connected to them or any other gang. His attackers rushed him saying that they were Bloods, (another local wanna-be gang) and proceeded to beat him to the ground where they stomped him Thankfully, an anonymous Filipino man came to his rescue, and shielded my son with his own body.

If you have children, and live in an area where gang activity is, or may be, present, PLEASE inform your kids of the dangers associated with "colours".

Thanks....

Stealth453

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

That's horrendous Stealth. how can people be so ignorant?

I hope your son makes a complete recovery - both physically and mentally.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

People can be animals sometimes.

Thank you so much for your well-wishes. I will pass them on to both my son and my wife. The physical will heal, it is the emotional I worry about.

Thank you again.

S

• Scully
    Scully

Sorry to hear this, Stealth. I hope your son gets well soon!

I also hope that there are charges laid against the people who assaulted him.

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

What city did this happen in?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

We live in the Philippines, but the problem is wide spread, especially in North America, where gangs like this flourish.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm glad your son is going to be alright. How scary.

No more hankerchiefs for him. Let him carry tissues.

lisa

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That's terrible Stealth, I'm glad he is going to be ok.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Stealth - that is terrible. I can't believe no one intervened! We don;t really have the same sort of widespread gang culture here but whenever I see an altercation I try to do something.

A few months back there was a man harrassing a homeless man loudly and nastily (same man who has harrassed me publically too - last year when I was vulnerable and on curtches) so I got out my phone took a photo and said I was sending to the police so that they could arrest him for his harrassment of an innocent person and he went absolutely beserk - apopoletic and ran away .

Its frightening that such things can happen in public places and that so few people are willing to step in and say something. Obviously one must be cautious for ones own safety but calling the police and drawing others attention to it in a loud and confident voice is a responsibility we all have I think. (I have to fake it because I am absolutely petrified of confrontation!)

I wish your son a full recovery physically and emotionally.

crumpet x

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    A few months back there was a man harrassing a homeless man loudly and nastily (same man who has harrassed me publically too - last year when I was vulnerable and on curtches) so I got out my phone took a photo and said I was sending to the police so that they could arrest him for his harrassment of an innocent person and he went absolutely beserk - apopoletic and ran away .

holy shit girl...that's freakin scary. I must live a very sheltered life. The only arguments or confrontations I ever see are between my youngest two grandchildren.... over toys.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit