HELLO THERE!

by Hamboozled 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

I've been reading for days and wanted to finally introduce myself. I'm Swamboozled's husband and I thought it only appropriate to make my name Hamboozled. I think our names pretty much reflect how we feel in being mislead for so many years. My side of the family is hammering us hard right now and I really appreciate the thoughts and info on this forum. It has pointed us in the direction of some really good factual information that we have been using and it sure has made them scratch there head a bit. Thanks to all for the many thoughts on this forum and I look forward to contiued discussions. I did want to raise a question that we are all faced with at one point or another. How do you reply to a JW when you have finally made them scratch their head in not being able to answer certain things and they say "Well....if this is not the true religion what is? What about the gathering of yourselves together"? I know my response, but I would like to see what all of you have responded with. Have a great day!

Hamboozled

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming
    this is not the true religion what is?

I find honesty is the key== I dont know... and I would not respect ANY god that dis-respects honesty. if I can only be saved by lying to myself, what kind of salvation is that?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hi Ham, nice to meet you! No one has ever asked me that question, not even my parents. But then I don't hang out with jws.

Josie

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've heard that excuse a lot. Especially if the JW panics, and wonders maybe if they DON'T have the truth. The concept of a single, perfect organization approved by Jehovah is a WT-myth. Such a concept is NOT supported by the bible.

How about this scripture as a retort?

Matthew 18:20 (RV) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

The next argument is that they are the CLOSEST THING to the truth in these last days. The WT reinforces this by frequently bringing up the failings of other churches. And of course the trinity doctrine which is supposed to have condemned the rest of Christendom to apostacy.

The truth is, there are other non-trinitarian churches. http://www.christadelphia.org/
    The quakers are not only neutral towards governments, but are activists towards peace. http://www.quaker.org/
    The Gideons far outstrip the JW's in printing and bible placements. http://www.gideons.org/
    There are many, many vital missionary works going on around the globe. And they do far more than literature distribution. http://www.shorttermmissions.com/

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Hamboozled,

Welcome to JWD. If you stay, you're bound to learn alot.

"Well....if this is not the true religion what is?

The answer is sort of like swallowing a huge elephant pill, and the news about Santa Claus. It hurts and there isn't one. Especially a printing company disguised as a religion. This may sound to simplistic, but stay here and do some research and you'll see. So will Samboozled.

Dismembered

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi hamboozled, and welcome to the forum.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    "Well....if this is not the true religion what is? What about the gathering of yourselves together"?

JW always try to pull this stunt when they're cornered. They always fall back to pointing to their wh-organization when faced with a point they can't refute. A Few scriptures......

John 8:12, John 14:6, Matthew 18:20,

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I did want to raise a question that we are all faced with at one point or another. How do you reply to a JW when you have finally made them scratch their head in not being able to answer certain things and they say "Well....if this is not the true religion what is? What about the gathering of yourselves together"? I know my response, but I would like to see what all of you have responded with.

My personal response would be; "Jehovah is a god requiring exclusive devotion. Recognising that things are wrong, but accepting anyway is no excuse in Jehovahs eyes. Uzzah lost his life because of that. He had the right intentions, but because it was not what Jehovah required he lost his life. We all have to examine what we do, and if its not what Jehovah wants then get away from it. Its a difficult question to ask what is the right religion, but much easier to spot ones not doing what Jehovah wants, such as the Jehovahs Witnesses."

*** it-2 p. 1145 Uzzah ***

UZZAH

(Uz´zah) [possibly a shortened form of Uzziah, meaning "My Strength Is Jehovah"].

1. A Merarite Levite.—1Ch 6:29.

2. A son of Abinadab, undoubtedly a Levite. Uzzah and his brother Ahio led the wagon carrying the ark of the covenant from their house when David wanted it brought to Jerusalem. When the bulls pulling the wagon nearly caused an upset, Uzzah reached out and grabbed hold to steady the Ark, for which Jehovah struck him dead on the spot. David named the place Perez-uzzah because there Jehovah had broken through in "a rupture against Uzzah."—2Sa 6:3-8; 1Ch 13:7-11.

Notwithstanding Uzzah’s presumably good intentions to prevent the Ark from falling, it was judged as an "irreverent act." (2Sa 6:7) This was because deliberate disobedience was involved. Jehovah had instructed that under no circumstances was the Ark to be touched by unauthorized persons, a warning of public knowledge that carried with it the death penalty for violators. (Nu 4:15, 19, 20) Had authorized ones, Kohathite Levites, carried it with the poles on their shoulders as God had directed, God’s anger would not have been incurred.—Ex 25:13, 14; Nu 7:9.

• sspo
    sspo

welcome on board

• Quandry
    Quandry

Hello. Welcome to the forum. I am having a hard time with that one, myself. Please read the thread from Breeze on how do you feel about the teachings of the Witnesses. My post is there and will explain my disjointed thoughts on the matter.

I am not df'd or da'd. Came from (started to say false religion) first before JWs and don't intend at this time to join a church so I don't have an answer to that question. Please let us know what you come up with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit