Prince and his wife are divorcing after 5 years of marriage...

by TresHappy 43 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

according to www.people.com

If someone else has posted this...sorry!

• frozen one
    frozen one

War in the mid-east, spiking fuel costs, famines, natural disasters galore and now this. Truely, we are living in the last days.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I understand she is a jw.

I wonder if her elders are aware of the following:

She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.

• jgnat
    jgnat

She probably proved to be a "spiritual endangerment". Doesn't it just warm the cockles of your heart how the Witnesses firmly support the marriage arrangement?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

They'd better be divorcing on scriptural grounds, or somebody will have to donate a lot of money to remain in Jehoopla's favoor!

• morty
    morty

Maybe Prince should give good old Micheal Jackson a ring and find out how the brothers handled his situation??...,....maybe they can compare notes?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Maybe Prince should give good old Micheal Jackson a ring

Man...I went in the complete opposite direction on that one.

Maybe Wacko Jacko would like that, though...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

OMG! THIS is the "special announcement!"

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/26/prince.divorce.reut/

WOMAN TO BE FORMERLY KNOWN AS PRINCE'S WIFE

Thursday, July 27, 2006 Posted: 0140 GMT (0940 HKT)

Veteran funk rocker Prince and his second wife are ending their marriage, People magazine reported Wednesday.

The celebrity magazine cited Prince's lawyer, Alan Eidsness, as saying a sealed divorce action was filed on May 24 at Hennepin County District Court in the Prince's home state of Minnesota.

The 48-year-old singer (born Prince Rogers Nelson) and 29-year-old Manuela Testolini were married in a Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii on December 31, 2001.

The Toronto native used to work at Prince's charitable foundation. The couple had no children together.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, famed for such genre-bending tunes as "Let's Go Crazy" and "1999," was briefly married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia in the mid-1990s.

Their union was later annulled. They had a child who died shortly after birth.

The publicist for Prince's record label was not immediately available to comment.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    War in the mid-east, spiking fuel costs, famines, natural disasters galore and now this. Truely, we are living in the last days.
    Maybe Wacko Jacko would like that, though...
    WOMAN TO BE FORMERLY KNOWN AS PRINCE'S WIFE

LMAO

• Confucious
    Confucious

I personally know Prince and his now ex wife.

They are both beautiful people.

Divorce is hard enough.

It would be nice not to say unkind words, as the Karmic Wheel will bowl you over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit