Why Friday for a DC?

by Inquisitor 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I've been wondering why the GB chose to include a weekday for the District Conventions. Is it to test how loyal the members will be if they have to choose between their religion and work? Or are there other reasons? Surely it's not because they have a lot of material to cover. Anyone who's been to DC's long enough should realize that some parts are just fluff.

INQ

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Don't you know? Its so that they can enjoy a "spiritual paradise" one more day!!! What joy can be experienced through one of Jehovah's provisions! REJOICE brothers and sisters!!

Sarcasm off ..... I think it sounds like one more day of torture.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

inquisitor - i was thinking the same thing. I think that + bethelites get 1 more day off from work. bastards.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Once upon a time it was for a whole week. I went to many 4 day conventions. I can't remember when they switched to 3 day ones, but most privately had a sigh of relief when they did. Does anyone know why the 4 day conventions stopped and they went to 3 day ones?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Costs more???

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    I think that + bethelites get 1 more day off from work. bastards.

Hi W-A-C,

Spare a thought for those poor bethelites, an extra day off that is wasted on a DC isn't exactly restful.

INQ

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    Spare a thought for those poor bethelites, an extra day off that is wasted on a DC isn't exactly restful.

good point. I guess unless you had bastard overseers. I had a few of them.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Hey jayhawk

Yeah I've heard of those longer DC's. Never been to one though. I guess based on the fact that they've previously revised the number of days, mandating Friday as the first day of DC is no coincidence. But why? Why didn't the reason they drop Day 4 make them drop Day 3 as well? Why inconvenience so many JWs with an entire Friday for "spirituality"?

INQ

• garybuss
    garybuss

Three reasons:

#1. $
    #2. $
    #3. $

Do ya think they take in more $ in three days than two? :-)

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

I remember when they were 8 days long

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit