To kill an American

by LovesDubs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur

What Do Canadians Have To Boast About?

Cheese soup and the Toronto Blue Jays.

• avengers
    avengers
    They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit everywhere, is an American.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Gee, I must be an American after all!
    Seriously, Avengers: it takes more than kissing Uncle Sam's ass to get a Green Card. He doesn't care about the American kids he sends to a *remote* battlefied and to a horrible fate. What makes you think he cares about a Dutchman flying a US flag on the internet? Fly one of those on your porch: I'm sure your neighbors would have a good laugh.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Toronto_Guy.. I live in Florida and you guys are welcome anytime...

• Rooster
    Rooster

I might also add that if it weren't for America, most of Europe would be speaking German right now.
    Well said..

• Rooster
    Rooster

Don't feel ashamed for what they did. Feel shocked, sad or disgusted but not ashamed: they have nothing in common with you. Like I said, they are monsters. But you are a person. And judging by your reaction to what they did (and other monsters who did even worse), I'd say you are a good person.
    They should have just killed them and moved on instead of taking them as prisoners!

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LovesDubs:

They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit everywhere, is an American.

The hell they are! An American is someone from the continents of North or South America, and/or a citizen of the United States of America. It's quite possible to embody "the human spirit of freedom" without being associated in any with America - or wanting to be. Likewise, it's possible to be an American and have no idea of the concept of individual freedom. The USA may have been founded on those ideals but that was a long time ago.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    the Toronto Blue Jays

Yes, they allowed me to cash a couple of winning tickets over the course of the years.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The hell they are! An American is someone from the continents of North or South America, and/or a citizen of the United States of America. It's quite possible to embody "the human spirit of freedom" without being associated in any with America - or wanting to be. Likewise, it's possible to be an American and have no idea of the concept of individual freedom. The USA may have been founded on those ideals but that was a long time ago.

I have to wonder how many people from South America call themselves Americans? Do you think they say I'm from America, or South America?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit