To kill an American

by LovesDubs 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    If Canada was invaded tommorrow, America would be right there to defend her.

So can we blame the rest of the world when they say we are crazy?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I might also add that if it weren't for America, most of Europe would be speaking German right now.

And the other half would be in mass graves.

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Warlock,
    Take a deep breath and calm down. I don't see which part of my post aroused your susceptibility (maybe the anti-nationalist part). I never said that only Americans committed atrocities, did I? Only stupid people think that way. I am disgusted everytime I hear about cruelty. I am so disgusted that I have not watched the news on TV for about 4 years!!! (I read newspapers instead: less graphic). Do you think I wasn't shocked to see people die in the WTC? Do you think I wasn't shocked by the beheadings? I wish those things had not happened. I feel for people who suffer like most people hopefully. But I don't feel personally attacked when Frenchmen are kidnapped in the Middle-East or when Frenchmen are killed. The aversion is as intense as it would be if the victims were German, American, Polish, etc.
    I am anti-nationalist but I am not anti-American. Only stupid people are anti-American or anti-French or Anti-Irish, etc. Only stupid people judge others based on their nationalities. The guys on the pictures were convicted: good. No other American is accountable for what they did. Do some of you feel ashamed for what these monsters did? You shouldn't. As you shouldn't be proud that the first man to set foot on the moon was American. Only the people who directly commit atrocities should feel ashamed. Terrorists should be ashamed of themselves because even though sometimes they have good reasons to be angry, they strike innocents.
    Warlock, no nation is clean and pure as the driven snow. Every nation has disgraced itself many times. I just wish I didn't have to hear nationalist propaganda again. While I am aggravated by French nationalist propaganda, I am also exasperated by American nationalist propaganda when I am browsing an international discussion forum.
    Dave (a French citizen of Italian, Greek, German, Polish, Russian and AMERICAN descendancy)

• Warlock
    Warlock

Dave T

My post was not directed at you.

Warlock

• roybatty
    roybatty

I'm all for the "ra-ra, let's wave the flag" but to be completely honest, did we help the Afgans out of love for them or moreso for our war with the Soviets....

They are the embodiment of the human spirit of freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit everywhere, is an American.
    Regarding the pics from the Abu Grav prison (and not saying that it wasn't wrong) but isn't it amazing the huge amount of condemnation of U.S. soldiers found here but nothing regarding the two U.S. soldiers who were kidnapped, had their eyes ripped out and then were beheaded? So before you get all bent out of shape because some naked dude had a dog collar put around his neck, show a little respect for the 99.99% of the men and women who are there fighting with honor in that hell hole.
  • lola28
    lola28
    Do some of you feel ashamed for what these monsters did?

I feel ashamed that there are ppl like them out there, yes.

Lola

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Warlock,
    Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Dave

• Warlock
    Warlock

Dave T

It's no problem at all.

Warlock

• Dave_T
    Dave_T

Lola,
    Don't feel ashamed for what they did. Feel shocked, sad or disgusted but not ashamed: they have nothing in common with you. Like I said, they are monsters. But you are a person. And judging by your reaction to what they did (and other monsters who did even worse), I'd say you are a good person.
    Dave

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Kid A, Those pictures do not represent the true decent american soldiers who died so that you can do your thing. If the situation was reversed and you became their prisoner, they would cut your head off slowly and show it live on the internet. Now tell me who is inhumane? I don't condone any of that inhumane conduct no matter who commits it. They were tried for their crimes and are now being punished for it. As for those unfornuate ones who had their heads cut off and tortured, their enemies are still out there.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit