WERE THERE ANY UNOFFICIAL STRANGE IDEAS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Clown paintings with big buldging eyes were demonized.

Unmarried couples HAD to maintain a dance distance of at least 2 bound volumes. (with some of the "sisters" around at the time, that was equivilent to a city block).

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hahahahhahahahhahaha.. 2 bound volumes appart.

So what? Engaged couples had to stay 2 191-page books apart?

Hahahahahhaha.

I mentioned this before in a previous post - but the P.O.'s wife said no using stamps with flags on them when mailing forms to the society. But I guess sending them $$ with In God We Trust is ok.

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT STAMPS WERE ACCEPTABLE?

• jambon1
    jambon1
    A friend's cong. (and several others in the Midwest), had been shocked by the fact that Witnesses were actually firefighters in NYC during 9/11. Supposedly, they felt it was wrong to hold such as job, as someone was risking their life and could incur possible bloodguilt. Evidently other people's lives don't count as worthwile to be saved.

At this time, I heard someone here mention that there cant be any witnesses killed in the twin towers because JW`s wouldnt hold jobs in 'such a place'. WTF?

Total ignorance.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Badboy...

Don't you know?!?

You can use stamps that have flowers on them and stuff.

Don't you be using those stamps with the flag on them ANYMORE!!!!!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

speaking of 9/11..............when it got out that there were Jehovah's Witnesses killed in the towers, rumor spread rapidly in our kh that these ones must not have been attending all the meetings regularly or Jehovah would have protected them. Can you believe the ignorance of arrogance of this statement?

One unofficial belief in our hall was that Adam and Eve did not have sex until after they sinned. And that is when Jehovah gave them a sex drive and they procreated like rabbits. This is because they did not have kids until after they were judged by Jehovah.

But then they say sex between married couples is not sinful so I don't get this? Lil

• jambon1
    jambon1
    speaking of 9/11..............when it got out that there were Jehovah's Witnesses killed in the towers, rumor spread rapidly in our kh that these ones must not have been attending all the meetings regularly or Jehovah would have protected them. Can you believe the ignorance of arrogance of this statement?

Regarding 9/11 - The one most used comment locally regarding the terrible events was;

"Its sad, but exciting!"

It just about turned my stomach to hear these bigots spouting such cruel, insensitive shit.

Just another nail in my JW exit coffin.

• Gregor
    Gregor

We had an elder who decided that a 'real' JW wouldn't even own a TV set. He did a little skit on the platform where someone got down on all fours and pantomimed worshipping a TV set. (Looking down at the TV guide then reaching up to change channels and adjust the set.) Nobody took it seriously but he let it be known at every opportunity that TVs were from Satan.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Stamps, Yeah I remember my mom if the post office gave her flag stamps she would put them upside down, Like that makes a difference?? ok what if they had a cross on them Upside down, well that just takes on a whole different meaning right ?????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit