JW since 1946 can't recall any DC focusing so much on the end of the world

by blondie 16 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    To be truthful, most of us couldn't distinguish one DC from any other.

The only way I can remember different DCs is when they change from one venue to another.

They were in one place for over a decade, when I was kid into my teens (I remember those because of the discovery of girls and scoping them out during the sessions and the breaks. Even though these happened so long ago, I remember more from them from a social standpoint than any since).

Then they moved to another place for a few years (I remember those because some of us would rent rooms together and end up partying each night. Actually had fun at those. Slept during the sessions).

Then they moved back to the original one for several years (Don't remember them too much...getting older, bored).

Then back to the second one for two or three years (Now I'm married...barely remember being there).

Then to a third one, where it's been for close to a decade now (even though these are the latest ones, I remember next to nothing about them except the last few I went to I had already checked out mentally).

• Swan
    Swan

This article is just the usual fluff piece about the convention. Even the newspaper doesn't expect anyone will read it seriously other than JWs. It is written as a PR piece so they can sell extra copies of newspapers to the convention goers, especially the ones from out of town. This in turn familiarizes people visiting that city with their advertisers; i.e.; and the merchants and businesses offering goods and services that the travelers might need.

It is interesting though how brainwashed people are so as to completely forget about 1975.

Tammy

• kid-A
    kid-A

The Dubs have notoriously short memories. The conventions are so similar in theme and content over the decades that they must invariably meld into a single

blob in the neural circuitry of memory.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Reminds me of a scene from "Buffy":
    Giles: Yes, it's the end of the world.
    All: AGAIN????

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    In her 60 years as a Witness, Diane Warren, 83, of Camden, can't recall any convention focusing so much on the end of the world.

I'd like to ask Diane Warren how much she can recall of last year's dc, and the year before's. I suspect, if she's anything like most of the jws I know, it'll be not very much. I'm not a gambler, but I'd put money on the most jws saying exactly the same after next year's dc.

I agree with Seeker4, after years and years of attending dc's it's difficult to distinguish one from another. It's always the same information year in, year out, just slightly repackaged.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

My mother-in-law is definitely convinced now that we are living in the time of the end. With everything happening in the middle east, she just knows it's any day now. And of course she had to throw in that there are scoffers at the idea since we've heard it for so long, but it's for real now. Excuse me for a minute, I think I'm losing my dinner.

• In Between
    In Between

Sir82 ... omg ... classic post! That one cracked me up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit